• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, how bad does it get next week?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Don't think we can say it's a Tampa problem considering a lot of it on here is coming from elsewhere ...

true -- my main point though is that college fans get so wrapped up in appearances/style points/scores/etc and this is mostly due to the way the RANKINGS and the MEDIA value our teams. Record isn't enough-- well it is if your only main goal is the conference championship (which should be anyone in the AAC/G5).

In the NFL-- no one gives a dam if you win by a point or 50-- it still counts the same. NOt covering the spread? Vegas problem. There is no committee to determine who gets to play in the playoffs-- only the on field results.

Amazingly enough though-- with everything so clearly spelled out, fans are so used to being hyper critical of their own teams that they just unload even after a win. Insanity.

I am all for solid discussion about the team and games we have played-- it is fun (mostly). But Sitting around talking about whether we can beat so and so or how bad are we going to do the rest of the season--- that type of stuff is almost similar to trolling to me at this point. The need to post some major statement before anyone else that is negative about the team is getting out of control.

Nothing we can do about it-- well except for taking a break from the board-- which I do from time to time.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

The only thing we know about this team is they have a tendency to play down or up to their competition.  I am not discounting anything with this bunch.... As bad as we played, any other team we have beaten would likely blow UConn out.  It's the sign of a young team... the fact they keep winning speaks for itself.  When the defense began to crap... the offense gets better for some reason.  I think they get a since of urgency or something.  We will know a lot about this team after Houston... or will we?  If they win, we'll say they're good and haven't been playing up to their potential.  I don't expect Houston to roll over this team by any means.  I actually think we will pull an upset. .. because that seems like something this team would do.  Get one when they're counted out already. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I wonder what this board will be like if we actually win on Saturday? I know there will be a few “I told you so” but the majority will say “we should have won by more, ****** play calling.” The natives are never happy. 

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I wonder what this board will be like if we actually win on Saturday? I know there will be a few “I told you so” but the majority will say “we should have won by more, ****** play calling.” The natives are never happy. 

"yeah sure-- nice win-- -BUT......"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,728
  • Days Won:  0

Fans often try to cut off future failure. It's normal apparently. Regardless of what we may  say here on TBP, the one thing I assume we all agree on is that Saturday is a great game and we come out of it 8-0. 🤘

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

8 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Regardless of what we may  say here on TBP, the one thing I assume we all agree on is that Saturday is a great game and  we come out of it 8-0. 🤘

I think a better way to put that is that we all agree to HOPE that Saturday is a great game and HOPE to come out 8-0. There are more than a few on here that expect us to get annihilated and don't expect us to come out 8-0 ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,728

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think a better way to put that is that we all agree to HOPE that Saturday is a great game and HOPE to come out 8-0. There are more than a few on here that expect us to get annihilated and don't expect us to come out 8-0 ...

Yeah. I had the word hope in there but edited it out by mistake. Thanks for correcting. 👍

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

The same people spoke the same way before ucf last season... And if it weren't for a timely fumble we would've met most of our goals. I'm just saying our team underperforms from time to time but they ball out of control when necessary. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Many people with confidence that we suck as a team doesn't mean diddly when game time starts either ... and I'm not questioning whether you need confidence or not, you obviously think you do, but rather it's what "you" need that confidence for? I don't think it's gambling, obviously not motivation to go to games ..... is it just a peace of mind?

It is simply a state of mind.  I go to a baseball game when Blake Snell starts have I have some confidence that the Rays will win that game.  Maybe we are talking about 2 different definitions.  When I walked into last night's game I was pretty confident we'd handle them. Yes, we won but not in the manner I was expecting.  Walking into the Houston game on Saturday, not so much.  It has no bearing on the outcome. We both understand that.  But to tell me, or others like me, that we are haters and point out deficiencies kind of defeats being on the 'pen.  Some people seriously predict 12 - 0 every year.  God bless them.  I don't understand that but we're all wired differently.  I watch this team and don't see all sunshine and roses.  The next person points out that we're perfect, 7 and 0.  Well, to me they are different versions of "perfect".  Our record is perfect but we aren't playing close to perfect football.  I know, no team does.

See I can have a conversation without anyone's input.  We all know both sides of all these arguments/discussions.  OCS?  Sure, it will help with alumni donations.  Or, no it won't and we don't need one.  We rehash the same stuff but to call people out as to what my problem is as to why I need confidence is going way beyond.  It may be time for a break from here.  Too many psycho analysts and experts. I come on here to have a good time and to waste 5 minutes writing this really makes me question why I'm doing it.

I was sitting at that game in the 1st half last night wondering why I should get so invested in the team and scream like a child on 3rd down.  So I just sat there and watched.  I stood once midway in the 4th qtr and made some noise.  But mainly sat there shaking my head at the overall play of the team.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Nope we will move right into Tulane being a trap game. That’s how we roll.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1