• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Horns Up Billboard on 275 gone....replaced by

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

What's cool is it literally doesn't matter what anyone here thinks.  Seems like the students have taken to it and to be honest, that's all that matters.  It's here to stay... and rightfully so.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

image.png.0e6413c110cadd912b9b6d4437b00ceb.png

you sassing me, boy?

Way too old to sass anybody .... I prefer editorial comment.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,458
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Calibull said:

What's cool SUCKS is it literally doesn't matter what anyone here thinks.  Seems like the students have taken to it don't care and to be honest, that's all that matters.  It's here to stay... and rightfully so tough sh!t. 

Truth ↑

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, MikeG said:

In the overall scope of things a College President does during their tenure, logo design hardly holds the importance you seem to be assigning it. I guess it could to you personally but even so-- how has this change impacted you so much to give it such a lofty amount of angst as to call it a Waterloo moment? Could you be using this term or phrase incorrectly? Since Judy didn't exactly lose any sort of fight -- she might have made a blunder letting it be created-- but that is not a defeat-- it is more like a lapse in judgement or screw up. So for what you wrote to make sense-- you are saying that her role/decision regarding the new logo has caused USF to lose massive amounts of alumni support to the school or something close to that. I don't see this logo having that type of impact. More likely would be alumni/supporters saying-- "umm-- that looks dumb or ugly" but I doubt they are ending their support until the logo is corrected.

Wartloo was an overstatement. This logo “may” not impact  $ support but it sure is an embarrassment for some some of us alumni. I do disagree with your point that college logos are not high up the list of what college presidents do. Indeed, I would say it is vital, relative to image of the institution and the brand value that it is associated with. If you don’t have buy in from your primary stakeholder, alumni, then there is a problem. In this case there will be confusion by many as the university is sending out images of the new logo but the topic is sports. Again, at worst this was a complete business decision failure that needs to be rectified or at worst it is a **** storm in glass jar. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wartloo was an overstatement. This logo “may” not impact  $ support but it sure is an embarrassment for some some of us alumni. I do disagree with your point that college logos are not high up the list of what college presidents do. Indeed, I would say it is vital, relative to image of the institution and the brand value that it is associated with. If you don’t have buy in from your primary stakeholder, alumni, then there is a problem. In this case there will be confusion by many as the university is sending out images of the new logo but the topic is sports. Again, at worst this was a complete business decision failure that needs to be rectified or at worst it is a **** storm in glass jar. 

I agree that this entire project has been mismanaged and completely missed the objectives it was supposed to meet. Image is important--- I'm sure  you have seen the mishmash of USF logos deployed throughout the schools various departments etc. The idea was to get everyone on the same page. Short of it being mandatory to switch to the new logo-- I cannot imagine most of these groups wanting that image. So we paid a couple million bucks for garbage. That part is a failure-- no question. It should be redone and using our own marketing department resources to finally arrive at a academic logo that is usable by all organizations-- consistent-- and pleasing to look at would be a nice touch. This "thing" they made is regrettable. It looks like we got fleeced by some fast talking trombone salesman and didn't even get our monorail (i.e. Simpson version  of The Music Man).

You know what-- maybe this was Judy's Waterloo. You've convinced me. Or maybe I've convinced me. Whatever. It sucks.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

091917+university+of+south+florida+usf+g

How long until our grand entrance signage is swapped?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

58 minutes ago, psteazy said:

091917+university+of+south+florida+usf+g

How long until our grand entrance signage is swapped?

8E7ED46B-6953-4ADC-B7C2-58BFB03D0F08.gif

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,635
  • Days Won:  6

Watching Bolts game. Have to say I’m on the dislike side but it’s not looking awful on the dasher board without the lime green. Maybe it will grow on me.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Just too soft...do not care for the lettering but I could maybe get used to the bull (once I get over the angular similarity to ML)