• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students to vote on tuition raise for on campus stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

VOTE YES!

Am I biased as an alum and not a current student? Probably.

But I would've voted yes being a current student anyways.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Vote early and often

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/28/2018 at 12:41 AM, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

The lack of an OCS doesn’t in anyway, shape, or form prevent alumnus from returning to campus.

True...but the #1 activity/event by FAR for most Universities for alumni to come back to campus are ON-CAMPUS Football Games...hence why so many Univ use those events to meet with key alumni individuals and even corporate/partner donors to help secure future donation $$$$, not just for athletics but for the Univ as a whole.

Also, one of the most important studies show that alumni who VISIT campus are much more likely to donate $$$ vs those that don't...and if you don't have that #1 event that helps bring alumni back to campus (on-campus football games), then you start behind the 8-ball.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

On 9/28/2018 at 5:12 PM, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Fund the stadium with seat taxes...that way, those who will use it pay for it.  

Student attendance doesn’t increase ticket revenue.

That's the short-sighted view.

College Football season ticket sales studies show that alumni who attended games while as student are MUCH MORE LIKELY to become future season tix holders/donors AFTER graduation.

That's why student attendance is soooooooooooo important for AD's and Booster Clubs...because those that show up,  a percentage of them will become the future season tix holders/donors (much higher percentage vs those students who were not engaged in attending sporting events while they were in school).

Edited by Knight_Light

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 hours ago, Knight_Light said:

Also, one of the most important studies show that alumni who VISIT campus are much more likely to donate $$$ vs those that don't...and if you don't have that #1 event that helps bring alumni back to campus (on-campus football games), then you start behind the 8-ball.

I'm not doubting you, but can you provide a link to those studies?  I'd like to read them.

2 hours ago, Knight_Light said:

College Football season ticket sales studies show that alumni who attended games while as student are MUCH MORE LIKELY to become future season tix holders/donors AFTER graduation.

Same thing

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm not doubting you, but can you provide a link to those studies?  I'd like to read them.

Same thing

I don't know of any studies but I can attest to this being true to me specifically. I grew up more of an NFL fan more so than college football. Never been to a college game as a kid. I went to USF during the 06-09 seasons and fell in love with the program during those crazy years. When I graduated in 2009 I bought season tickets and have had them ever since, rarely missing a home game in 10 years and going to several away games too. Had I never gone to the games in college I most certainly wouldn't have become a 10 year season ticket holder and die hard fan. It all started for me as a student, so I can see where he's coming from.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Can we have good attendance with an off campus stadium? Sure, we've done it before and can do it again. College football is supposed to be so much more than that. Alumni bringing their families to the campus, walking around their old stomping grounds, sharing stories and life experiences then going to a game they love and enjoy, that's a huge family bonding opportunity; from a little kids stand point of learning about their parents and getting a vision of what they would like to do or experience, or the actual college student either getting together with their friends and walking across campus for a big game or inviting their family to campus so they can share a big part of their life with their parents and siblings. I mean, it should so much more to it than just a game. If they vote yes, and they pay a little extra, make the student tickets free. It will bring so much more than just ticket sales, it's tradition, it's family and it's school pride. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Student tickets are free

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

Student tickets are free

I only stated that because I know Michigan students have to pay $25/game or $175/season for their tickets and I wouldn't want that to happen. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

19 minutes ago, michibull said:

Can we have good attendance with an off campus stadium? Sure, we've done it before and can do it again. College football is supposed to be so much more than that. Alumni bringing their families to the campus, walking around their old stomping grounds, sharing stories and life experiences then going to a game they love and enjoy, that's a huge family bonding opportunity; from a little kids stand point of learning about their parents and getting a vision of what they would like to do or experience, or the actual college student either getting together with their friends and walking across campus for a big game or inviting their family to campus so they can share a big part of their life with their parents and siblings. I mean, it should so much more to it than just a game. If they vote yes, and they pay a little extra, make the student tickets free. It will bring so much more than just ticket sales, it's tradition, it's family and it's school pride. 

Keep the student tickets free?