• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sounds like Georgia Tech Fans are ready

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, tampamark said:

To answer this question, tons of teams bring their band.   In the 21 years I have held tickets it seems to vary quite a bit from none to the full complement.   My season tickets are nearly directly across from the visitor band, I have to say when FAMU was here that was the loudest bunch EVER.  They would crank it up during every break and blow our hair back on the other side.

Well let’s face it if it was not for their band they probably would not have football 😂

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well let’s face it if it was not for their band they probably would not have football 😂

It was almost because of the band that they didn't  have football.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

12 hours ago, tampamark said:

To answer this question, tons of teams bring their band.   In the 21 years I have held tickets it seems to vary quite a bit from none to the full complement.   My season tickets are nearly directly across from the visitor band, I have to say when FAMU was here that was the loudest bunch EVER.  They would crank it up during every break and blow our hair back on the other side.

As an alum I can say that band is the reason people go to football games. 3rd quarter that place is cleared out. 

33 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

It was almost because of the band that they didn't  have football.

That’s true and yet they both not only survive but flourish now.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

The Varsity food is terrible and the 'experience' will leave you saying meh.  That is why no one ever returns a second time unless they have a friend/family member who insists on going with them.  There are several better options that are walkable to Bobby Dodd Stadium.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

23 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

The Varsity food is terrible and the 'experience' will leave you saying meh.  That is why no one ever returns a second time unless they have a friend/family member who insists on going with them.  There are several better options that are walkable to Bobby Dodd Stadium.  

For people that only go once every 5 or 6 years it is a cool thing to do.  May or may not do it when we go up for this game but would definitely do it again.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

We have some Cookout restaurants here in the Atlanta area which are FANTASTIC ... especially the milkshakes.  

There's one on the west side of GT campus, off Northside Dr.  That's a MUCH better place to go than Varsity.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

We have some Cookout restaurants here in the Atlanta area which are FANTASTIC ... especially the milkshakes.  

There's one on the west side of GT campus, off Northside Dr.  That's a MUCH better place to go than Varsity.  

Cookout is great.

5 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

A place I had not been to before until a few weeks ago was Twin Smokers BBQ. Man, it was good. Going to go again next fall. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

When FAMU came to the Swamp, the stadium was packed!....people loved their band, especially during halftime lol Maybe one day FAMU can actually capitalize off of their bands popularity with their football team. Their is no reason for them to not at least dominate their division.