• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,015
  • Days Won:  469

22 minutes ago, BullFan98 said:

How many days until the girls of posts...

Now, there’s a thrill that’s gone.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Nick Carroll said:

This year I turn 40 and am on my 4th year of having season tickets. I always went to games but I did it one off. Each year my tailgating for the games has gotten better. Year 1 I had a cooler and a chair and I had 2 tickets. Year two my buddy bought two tickets and we got a tent and a grill. Last year I added a TV, quiet generator, and a Giant fan. This year I am getting a trailer to rig out for tailgating and getting USF decals and flags all over it. I am steadily getting more and more. I will one day pull up in an RV. HAHAHA 

Way to go Nick!  This is how you build a fanbase.

Edited by El_Toro_86
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

Hopefully TBP will be more inclusive this season and include some transgender fans.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Days Won:  0

I used to take my young neices and nephews to the games before i moved away. It was great. A few of them even became students. Great memories. 

I've always thought it would be a great idea for our fans, fraternities, etc to team up and sponsor a local school and roll out the red carpet for one child and parent each week. Let the teacher pick which child to reward. Then set it up where they are picked up, brought to pregame events, the game, then home. It would build the fanbase from the ground up and provide good PR at same time. The cost could be spread out between a group. The Bullspen could sponsor one child/parent combo. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,527
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

:FIREdevil:

CJL was a huge under achiever if u look at the big picture. But 4 some reason people think he is a God at USF. I respect his legacy, but 1st he was lucky USF got chosen for a BCS conference even though they had no history or achievements. While he was in a BCS conference, USF had average success at best. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

CJL was a huge under achiever if u look at the big picture. But 4 some reason people think he is a God at USF. I respect his legacy, but 1st he was lucky USF got chosen for a BCS conference even though they had no history or achievements. While he was in a BCS conference, USF had average success at best. 

He’s still been the only coach at USF to beat a top ten team, and he did it multiple times. He literally built the program and had a significant winning record by the time he was fired. I don’t disagree on how we ended up in the Big East, but for a program that was barely ten years old we were much better than average. He’s not a God by any means and many people still live off of his legacy too much, but there shouldn’t be much question of his success. 

Edited by OcalaBull2

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

13 hours ago, Dr.Brahma said:

I used to take my young neices and nephews to the games before i moved away. It was great. A few of them even became students. Great memories. 

I've always thought it would be a great idea for our fans, fraternities, etc to team up and sponsor a local school and roll out the red carpet for one child and parent each week. Let the teacher pick which child to reward. Then set it up where they are picked up, brought to pregame events, the game, then home. It would build the fanbase from the ground up and provide good PR at same time. The cost could be spread out between a group. The Bullspen could sponsor one child/parent combo. 

Anyone over 13 would be a NCAA violation

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Days Won:  0

Oh. I didn't realize that. It'd be nice if they made an exception for child & parent combos. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

8 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Few coaches could take a program literally from day 1, first ever game, to beating ranked teams and being ranked in a BCS conference. He also sent many defensive players to the NFL. Leavitt never strung together a really phenomenal single season, but he did more in terms of player developement, upsets, and growing a program than most coaches, even great coaches, will ever do. 

He never won a conference but he did take us from nothing to the Big East then to being in the national picture. We've since fallen back out of that picture due to conference realignment.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

17 hours ago, Brad said:

Gone as in no longer allowed?