• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

All we need now is Rich McKay (Atl Falcons)  and Todd Stewart (Western Kentucky) and we can have everyone who ever hired Bobby Petrino as a head coach as a candidate. (for the record, I'm not a Bobby Petrino fan)

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Don't worry guys, we'll make the boring hire instead of Jurich and when White moves on from UCF in the near future they will take the risk and get a great AD to follow up their current great AD. Meanwhile we our "safe hire" AD continues the norm of failing to get our huge alumni base and the local business community engaged and consistently supporting the program.  FUN TIMES AHEAD!!!! 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

At this point, I'd rather have a guy with baggage (like Jurich) who has proven what he can do, than an AD who has "no dirty laundry" and is boring as hell. 

Think that comment is a bit short-sighted in that almost every athletic program (and thus every AD) has some sort of dirty laundry. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Don't worry guys, well make the boring hire instead of Jurich and when White moves on from UCF in the near future they will take the risk and get a great AD to follow up their current great AD. Meanwhile we our "safe hire" AD continues the norm of failing to get our huge alumni base and the local business community engaged and consistently supporting the program.  FUN TIMES AHEAD!!!! 

Danny White only looks like a great AD because of Scott Frost - the fact that he cosigned on all the national championship bs and then paid championship bonuses to a leaving coaching staff (who tried to poach recruits to Nebraska) makes him look like a fool. 

Edited by SoFlo All Day
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Here's your answer on Jurich:

"No dirty laundry. That's important…" Sutton said. "To do anything to undermine (USF's status as a preeminent university) would be crazy. We're going to be in a position where we're going to do the right thing for the right reasons, and that's what we're going to do."

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

Here's your answer on Jurich:

Can someone please explain to me how an AD like Jurich impacts preeminent status? Does the university suddenly get stupid? How many times has FSU/UF have had issues in athletics and their preeminent status was not impacted. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think the "no dirty laundry" quote from today was a direct message to those who were trying to push Jurich. That message was "we hear you but, no thanks" . Unless this is the best smoke screen that USF has ever pulled off on a hire I think he's out of the running. If I didn't know anything about Judy I would think Jurich would still be a candidate, but knowing Judy and hearing a public message like this about "dirty laundry" that makes me thinks hes a no go for her. If USF is out there saying "no dirty laundry" publicly there is no way Judy signs off on somebody who was on watch when what happened at UL happened.

Unless there is some kind of donor/influencer revolt that causes the trustees to have some kind of come to Jesus talk and force her hand this won't happen. Which sucks because he is the best possible candidate we could hire. I'll gladly have a huge smile on my face while a eat a couple helpings of Crow if Jurich ends up being it but after today the logical bet is he's not under consideration.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Right now, I'll settle for an improvement on what's his name who left for Utah.

USF has never, ever taken risks with hires (on paper). I don't see that changing right now.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Didn’t Jurich hire Petrino despite his dirty laundry...after Long fired him?       AND he won games

Do you really believe, Jurich is the reason the Cards are in the ACC? Not sure where you got that from, but, the reason? He has THE experience.

How much of a local tie is owning an investment/rental condo on Clearwater Beach?  How much does the guy in Arkansas have? ZERO.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

57 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Danny White only looks like a great AD because of Scott Frost - the fact that he cosigned on all the national championship bs and then paid championship bonuses to a leaving coaching staff (who tried to poach recruits to Nebraska) makes him look like a fool. 

Well, he hired Frost when many  ( including Nebraska) said that he was not experienced enough. He also hired J Dawkins, was in the NIT  his first year, and the WBB coach, Coach Abe who almost instantly improved the WBB team, as well as John Roddick to run all tennis. Mens Tennis took down 4 ranked teams last year, went to the NCAA for the first time since 2005, and he pulled probably the best recruiting class in UCF tennis history.

He has raised a ton of money. Danny IMO has more to crow about that one football hire.