• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I'll say it again - Rob Higgins. He's a no-brainer. Young but proven. USF guy. Well-liked and connected in the Tampa Bay Area. Exactly what the doctor ordered. I know him from his days as the basketball team manager under Seth.Fantastic guy. Driven but calm. Why bring in an outsider? Just like we one day need a football alum to come back and be our head coach, this is perfect synergy.

How much does he make at the TB Sports Authority?  Can't find anything other than one site has his salary at $0.  He sounds like a great candidate but does he want the job if offered?  Only thing with Brooks is that he is FSU but if he has enough contacts and can get the IPF built.........  We need to be careful that whomever we offer takes the job.  Don't need to go 3 or 4 down on a list to only look like no ones wants to be here.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

How much does he make at the TB Sports Authority?  Can't find anything other than one site has his salary at $0.  He sounds like a great candidate but does he want the job if offered?  Only thing with Brooks is that he is FSU but if he has enough contacts and can get the IPF built.........  We need to be careful that whomever we offer takes the job.  Don't need to go 3 or 4 down on a list to only look like no ones wants to be here.

It may be time for a face like Brooks for PR and glad handling with an assistant doing the real nuts and bolts work.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

It may be time for a face like Brooks for PR and glad handling with an assistant doing the real nuts and bolts work.

I was thinking the same thing. If Brooks is your guy, you better have someone behind the scenes that actually knows a thing or two about the day to day operations of a D1 athletic department.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I am starting to lean to Brooks. I wonder if Vinik would want him there? I would bet yes due to his background with the Storm.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, charsibb said:

Don't get the hype. They're fair, but nothing special. And yet, there's always a line at every drivethru.

Still think 5 Guys makes a better burger

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

19 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Somewhere, Danny White is asking himself, why not me?

Hate UCF, but the guy has done a lot in a short period of time.  The NC thing is and was dumb.  However, he has to be questioning why he's not gotten a sniff from a P5.

19 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

What makes you think they haven't called and he declined?

Dude, what university would have the balls to think they could pry away the AD of the national champs? Probably fielded some calls from NFL owners, though ...

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

With Danny's recent raise, it will take 1.2 - 1.5M to pull him away IMO. I read recently that during his tenure, he has raised 27M in donations.

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

44 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

With Danny's recent raise, it will take 1.2 - 1.5M to pull him away IMO. I read recently that during his tenure, he has raised 27M in donations.

While I think the NC talk is silly he has kept UCF in the mix with lots of chatter.  Crazy like a fox I'd say.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

While I think the NC talk is silly he has kept UCF in the mix with lots of chatter.  Crazy like a fox I'd say.  

USF should never interview anyone who has worked for ucf in any capacity. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

USF should never interview anyone who has worked for ucf in any capacity. 

Too late. We've had people in the Bulls Club that either went to or worked at Mousetown U.