• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I'll say it again - Rob Higgins. He's a no-brainer. Young but proven. USF guy. Well-liked and connected in the Tampa Bay Area. Exactly what the doctor ordered. I know him from his days as the basketball team manager under Seth.Fantastic guy. Driven but calm. Why bring in an outsider? Just like we one day need a football alum to come back and be our head coach, this is perfect synergy.

What experience does he have as an AD....a GM of a large organization?

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

13 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

You mean the guy that hired Taggart?  We can get into the Holtz thing all over again if you like, but that hire on paper wasn't horrible. It worked out horribly but sometimes things don't go as planned.  Doug was a personable guy and didn't alienate people.  Big donors still hang out and socialize with him even though he's been gone years. You can ask those same people how they feel about the guy that is now leaving. Not saying he didn't make some mistakes along the way but the relationship between donors and AD was better under his regime.

You got that right.

12 hours ago, JTrue said:

And there's more to an athletics department than football.

A lot more!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, The Great 8 said:

Look, we also had a home and home with them before.

Did not. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

54 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

"I don't think so"

Well wherever he goes after he leaves us doesn’t really matter. I just hope we find a solid replacement 

On 6/1/2018 at 8:13 PM, Bourbon Bull said:

Let's just say he had a way of making donors feel unappreciated.  Like ignoring us for an entire year at the Hardwood Club before every MBB & WBB game.  My wife was at the point of not wanting to go because of him.  I was told by a former Bulls Club person with fairly long ties to USF that we'd never build an OCS with him here.  Managed to tick off a lot of big donors. No "thank yous" for what you've done.  But "what else can you do?"  

I will say he did teach me the rules of college tennis when I met him at a match a couple of years ago. If you could get him in a one on one, which only happened twice for me, he was decent enough. But he avoided small donors like the plague and as Iron Bull we were considered small donors. His philosophy is to go after the whales.  The crap in the Utah press release about the increase of 300% was an accounting change. Don't think true $$$ increased much, if at all.  The Naimoli $1 million donation was fostered by Andrew Goodrich.  There were other things that I won't put on here because I wouldn't want it to get back to my contacts but some things would make you shake your head.

Bingo!

I first met him in the HWC just before he began as the AD...He was outgoing, friendly, and seemed interested in listening to suggestions ...then as time passsed he became aloof to many people...I got to the point where I would turn my head  when I was near him.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Roaming Bull said:

Well wherever he goes after he leaves us doesn’t really matter. I just hope we find a solid replacement 

LL Cool J song.

Going back to Cali, Cali, Cali, Going back to Cali, I don't think so.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Did not. 

Sorry. Two games in UF and they still cancelled. Only intensifies my point.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2011/5/24/2188757/usf-uf-football-game-2015-postponed-indefinitely

Regardless, instead of being a pedantic baby how about you simply realize that we haven't gotten the Gators to PLAY outside of the swamp. Period. They're scheduled to. Many schools drop the second game after playing their home game. I'm saying not to take it for granted that it happens.

That said, it's likely that it does happen since it's 2-1 and is/was a coup of a signing.

Edited by The Great 8

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

34 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

LL Cool J song.

Going back to Cali, Cali, Cali, Going back to Cali, I don't think so.

Idk. He’s from LA, so who knows. I’ve been around a lot of Cali heads and one things I know is that almost all of them always want to come back. Who doesn’t like going home? I think this gig is a stepping stone to get back to UCLA, but that’s just my opinion 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

I first met him in the HWC just before he began as the AD...He was outgoing, friendly, and seemed interested in listening to suggestions ...then as time passsed he became aloof to many people...

As he got to know some people better ....

• Haha 1