• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I’m pretty sure sure I didn’t say it would be “The Swamp 2.0”.

Maybe we're sold out to BULLS fans by then 🙈🙉🙊

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

48 minutes ago, Joe said:

We need to hire someone to focus on our non-revenue sports like Woolard did to drive out football program into the mat.

You mean the guy that hired Taggart?  We can get into the Holtz thing all over again if you like, but that hire on paper wasn't horrible. It worked out horribly but sometimes things don't go as planned.  Doug was a personable guy and didn't alienate people.  Big donors still hang out and socialize with him even though he's been gone years. You can ask those same people how they feel about the guy that is now leaving. Not saying he didn't make some mistakes along the way but the relationship between donors and AD was better under his regime.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, Bourbon Bull said:

You mean the guy that hired Taggart?  We can get into the Holtz thing all over again if you like, but that hire on paper wasn't horrible. It worked out horribly but sometimes things don't go as planned.  Doug was a personable guy and didn't alienate people.  Big donors still hang out and socialize with him even though he's been gone years. You can ask those same people how they feel about the guy that is now leaving. Not saying he didn't make some mistakes along the way but the relationship between donors and AD was better under his regime.

He overspent on Olympic sports and ignored football despite CJL and CSH begging for more money.

I don’t care who he hired. There is more to a program than a hire.

• Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Joe said:

He overspent on Olympic sports and ignored football despite CJL and CSH begging for more money.

You mean like the facilities that got built under his watch?

11 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

Andrew will be a Division I AD on day, I'm just not sure it is this time. He has a bright future. 

Scott and I have never spoken one word, so I don't know him. Not saying you are wrong, I just don't have enough to go on. 

Totally agree. Brilliant, personable AND a huge sports fan.

• Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,594
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Maybe we're sold out to BULLS fans by then 🙈🙉🙊

Yes, it will be the Swamp 2.0 but hopefully that means a one-time bump of 10,000 season tickets to both Gators and Bulls fans.  If we package it right and do sell 10,000 additional season tickets to those who just want lower bowl seats for the UF game at an average $300 ticket/donation gives us a $3 million bump for that year only.  The only downside is that 60% of those seats will be empty for the other 5 or 6 games that season.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

43 minutes ago, Joe said:

And there's more to an athletics department than football.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

41 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Yes, it will be the Swamp 2.0 but hopefully that means a one-time bump of 10,000 season tickets to both Gators and Bulls fans.  If we package it right and do sell 10,000 additional season tickets to those who just want lower bowl seats for the UF game at an average $300 ticket/donation gives us a $3 million bump for that year only.  The only downside is that 60% of those seats will be empty for the other 5 or 6 games that season.

Or some really inexpensive tickets on stubhub. Could be a boon to the scalpers that year.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

8 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

To be clear, the Gators haven't actually played the road game. 

And furthermore, you're delusional if you think Ray Jay will be anything except The Swamp 2.0.

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

It must be a tough life to live when you don’t allow yourself to look forward to things beyond today AND you lack reading comprehension. I’m pretty sure sure I didn’t say it would be “The Swamp 2.0”.

First game in the modern era that UF is playing away against an in state team not named FSU or Miami. Was Harlan benefited by Foley being gone? Good chance but still the bottom line is it happened under his watch. Reminds me of the anti Woolards when the new facilities under him are brought up, that they would have happened anyway. Bottom line ....

photo-5766.gif

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

Higgins or Tom Jurich. 

Edited by goldenbrahm1996

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

I saw Derrick Brooks mentioned, so I read up on his background and was impressed. I guess since everybody here is from Tampa most already knew. He co-started a high school and is a hardcore philanthropist. I say hire him. He knows how to raise funds.