• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Attendance Rises Across All Ticketed Sports in 2017-18

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

I'm terminating a person on my team today for a variety of reasons.  One of the big issues is his "average thinking mentality".  

Upper half of the AAC.  Well, we've arrived!  Today the entire USFAA should sit back and enjoy the view.

Our two biggest donors did not attend USF.  

Priority 1 is community engagement of a 3M person demo and why we can't get .001% of those entertainment dollars on 6 Saturdays a year.

Tampa is an awful fan base and has been since its inception.  Got to figure it out.

We are in the AAC.  You want to compare us to the SEC and BIg 10 attendance?  Not exactly a level playing field, we'll start with traditions ......

Attendance has increased each of the past two years playing that AAC schedule.  Not saying it's perfect, but it's not as bad as the naysayers complain about.  I bet those 2 biggest donors have suites at the games, that increases the attendance by about 30 folks ..... His priority #1 is raising $$$$$, community awareness is part of that, but those big donors aren't filling the stadium.  You want to harp on a group, harp on the students that can't/won't drive the 20 minutes to support the team for free. If we filled the student section we'd be pushing 40K per game.  Not bad for what is essentially a mid-major program at the current time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,461
  • Days Won:  25

45 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

I'm terminating a person on my team today for a variety of reasons.  One of the big issues is his "average thinking mentality".  

Upper half of the AAC.  Well, we've arrived!  Today the entire USFAA should sit back and enjoy the view.

Priority 1 is community engagement of a 3M person demo and why we can't get .001% of those entertainment dollars on 6 Saturdays a year.

Tampa is an awful fan base and has been since its inception.  Got to figure it out.

Image result for crying baby meme

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

58 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Image result for crying baby meme

“...but if you try sometimes, you might get what you need...”   sorry I was in a Stones mood. 

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

I'm not sure who you are talking about, but the Muma's are both USF grads...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,962
  • Days Won:  12

I used to love hanging out at baseball games. Great stadium, great team, right by the dorms. Softball too. Not surprised its catching on. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Ok, thanks for setting me straight on Harlan's responsibilities and our attendance.  I'm onboard now.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

No matter how you slice it the biggest problem  USF athletics faces right now is apathy and everyone is to blame, students, alumni, faculty, Tampa Bay Area community and it’s up to Harlan and USF athletic leadership to figure out a solution.  Unfortunately, the one solution that would turn things around is P5 invite, but that ain’t happening so Harlan and crew need to get creative and find ways to engage the community, the fanbase and potential donors.

Man the offseason sucks!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The Tampa Bay community is the least to blame.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

38 minutes ago, JTrue said:

The Tampa Bay community is the least to blame.

Customers are never to blame. Find out what they want to buy and then sell that, if its too hard to teach or convince them that they should buy what you are selling than you are probably selling the wrong thing. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

6 hours ago, chapelbull said:

You want to harp on a group, harp on the students that can't/won't drive the 20 minutes to support the team for free. If we filled the student section we'd be pushing 40K per game.  Not bad for what is essentially a mid-major program at the current time.

Why harp on students...just because you enjoy attending football games and it’s a high priority in your life doesn’t mean others do, or should.   BTW, USF student pay heavily for those seats you claim are free.  Despite having to pay, they still chose not to attend.  Do you regularly attend USF School of Theater and Dance shows?