• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls AD Harlan About to Sign an Extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

22 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

That is an excellent observation.

What would be the value of being passive in the situation when you have a perfect opportunity to be aggressive? Fortune favors the bold, what value does hoping someone else takes care of it for you in the next three years provide?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

Who knows. Maybe he is bringing in corporate money to make things look like a wash? If he is making up the slack elsewhere they may not care right now

What "slack"? We need every penny they can scrounge up to get this thing looking respectable .... unless things have drastically changed from the last donation figures I was aware of. Maybe with the extension now, those with nothing more than what maybe boils down to personal differences reassess their situation and realize what they're withholding isn't hurting MH but instead, USF Athletics.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

That 5% raise isn’t much of a vote of confidence. I think Harlan got extended but they’re not looking to take him off the market if other schools come calling.

I doubt there's any raise that they could afford that would take him off the market if a P5 really wanted him ..

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

That 5% raise isn’t much of a vote of confidence. I think Harlan got extended but they’re not looking to take him off the market if other schools come calling.

Have we ever had the money to keep someone off the market if someone comes looking?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

Must be some truly horrific things if it's pissed many off to the point of putting that ahead of helping our student athletes and helping to get Athletics financially to the level it should be for a university like this.

I have to agree B3.  When I donate to any part of USF my donation is to USF, not to a person.  I've had conversations throughout the years with USF folks that left me pondering how they got into the role.  Perhaps it was a bad day, perhaps not.  Donating to athletics is typically transactional, most other departments within USF I donate because of the love for USF, not a person in the department. A wise man once told me, "givers get" and it has always held true.

To each his/her own.

Go Bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

I have to agree B3.  When I donate to any part of USF my donation is to USF, not to a person.  I've had conversations throughout the years with USF folks that left me pondering how they got into the role.  Perhaps it was a bad day, perhaps not.  Donating to athletics is typically transactional, most other departments within USF I donate because of the love for USF, not a person in the department. A wise man once told me, "givers get" and it has always held true.

To each his/her own.

Go Bulls!

And you are correct in some, maybe many, cases. But there are other donors, large and small, that have no real ties to USF.  I know at least 4 Iron Bulls, including ourselves, in that situation. It doesn't hurt to be nice to people.  

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

What would be the value of being passive in the situation when you have a perfect opportunity to be aggressive? Fortune favors the bold, what value does hoping someone else takes care of it for you in the next three years provide?

Continuity

Edited by Bourbon Bull

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

22 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

And you are correct in some, maybe many, cases. But there are other donors, large and small, that have no real ties to USF.  I know at least 4 Iron Bulls, including ourselves, in that situation. It doesn't hurt to be nice to people.  

Continuity

Well, I appreciate your giving both of time and money. 

Have you spoken directly to him about how you feel?  If his behavior is consistent he may be unaware.  Not everyone is aware or have emotional intelligence.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Well, I appreciate your giving both of time and money. 

Have you spoken directly to him about how you feel?  If his behavior is consistent he may be unaware.  Not everyone is aware or have emotional intelligence.

See your personal messages.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

By this point, someone has surely printed this out for Harlan to read. I wonder what he's thinking as he reads this thread?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, charsibb said:

By this point, someone has surely printed this out for Harlan to read. I wonder what he's thinking as he reads this thread?

Probably not thinking much about it if at all