• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls AD Harlan About to Sign an Extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

What has he done to piss off a lot of donors?

I am sure Bourbon would tell you if he could but it appears to be an issue. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

22 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

I know some of them were mad that they couldn’t sit on the 50 yard line for $15 anymore, but that was a long time coming and I’m not sure how they expected that to last forever.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

46 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:
55 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

I am sure Bourbon would tell you if he could but it appears to be an issue. 

In my few dealings with him, he struck me as a rude, brusque, coarse, insensitive human being. And he doesn't know me from Adam, which means he doesn't know whether I'm a whale or a minnow. All he knows is that I wear green and gold.

So my guess is that he doesn't change his demeanor when dealing with whales and treats everybody like a minnow. If I were a whale, and if obsequiousness was important to me in someone begging me for donations, I expect I would be pissed were I not to receive my well-deserved bended knee and kiss of the ring.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, charsibb said:

In my few dealings with him, he struck me as a rude, brusque, coarse, insensitive human being. And he doesn't know me from Adam, which means he doesn't know whether I'm a whale or a minnow. All he knows is that I wear green and gold.

So my guess is that he doesn't change his demeanor when dealing with whales and treats everybody like a minnow. If I were a whale, and if obsequiousness was important to me in someone begging me for donations, I expect I would be pissed were I not to receive my well-deserved bended knee and kiss of the ring.

Face to face he treated me like a turd in a punch bowl. But my $ for donations are minimal (I give much more toward the academic side) so I get it. At the same I tweeted to him a suggestion about the athletic dept (in a professional manner) and he blocked me from his account. If he does this only a little to the whales I can see where they would be upset. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Face to face he treated me like a turd in a punch bowl. But my $ for donations are minimal (I give much more toward the academic side) so I get it. At the same I tweeted to him a suggestion about the athletic dept (in a professional manner) and he blocked me from his account. If he does this only a little to the whales I can see where they would be upset. 

If he can't tell a whale from a minnow, then WTF is he thinking trying to be a Chief Begging Officer???

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, Skingraft said:

Not going to explain everything 

If not everything how about just a few things?  Not trying to be rude, just want to understand the mind set.  I've only met him twice for very short periods of time, so hard for me to judge.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

41 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

If not everything how about just a few things?  Not trying to be rude, just want to understand the mind set.  I've only met him twice for very short periods of time, so hard for me to judge.

I've heard different things from different folks. My beef is getting rid of legacy points, doing away with the lockers we bought (not transferring to new IPF), and turning down new funds I wanted to start to which the college of Medicine was thrilled to have.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

OK, thanks.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

I’ve had no interaction with Harlan...only met Doug Woolard, spoke with Lee Roy a lot.  The folks working for Selmon and Woolard were Very outgoing.  I could name them all..and worked with them on various ideas and initiatives to increase recognition and support of the Bulls.  Not much dialogue from the Harlan administration, I get the feeling they few this vehicle of fan interaction differently than the Selmon/Woolard era did.  Not complaining and not casting negatives onto the Harlan brigade, just my observation.  Never saw anyone work the room like Lee Roy.  Been in rooms with Woolard and Harlan, but neither came close. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Must be some truly horrific things if it's pissed many off to the point of putting that ahead of helping our student athletes and helping to get Athletics financially to the level it should be for a university like this.