• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls AD Harlan About to Sign an Extension

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

56 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Charming

Trust Skingraft on this one.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

55 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Reality

So the reality is USF just gave a three year extension to a person who arguably half of their job is to get money from the alumni and the community. You have millions to donate but he chose not take the millions (of which we have a handful of whale donors like that) and negatively interact with you. He also behaves like this regularly and is alienating all of our donors yet for some reason he is retained at the expense of millions to the University. I understand your view of reality as you so eloquently came after me when I was talking about the majority of complaints being cloaked in secrecy even though you had given some details but what I can’t wrap my head around is how this reality meshes with the actual reality of Harlan just getting an extension. If he really truly is spitting in your face for no more than you trying to give the university millions then he should be fired and not extended and I don’t see how you couldn’t pitch that argument to someone that can do something about it instead of fighting about it on the internet.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

So can Harlan put us in place to at least consistently win the War on I-4 before we give him an extension? We are supposed to be the better athletics department, but under his leadership.... This is a crisis. :stirpot:

6 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Trust Skingraft on this one.

Then why isn’t anything being done about it?? If people want to give millions in donations we aren’t UF or FSU that’s a big portion of our budget, people should be being fired and not extended, how is this allowed to happen if true?

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Then why isn’t anything being done about it?? If people want to give millions in donations we aren’t UF or FSU that’s a big portion of our budget, people should be being fired and not extended, how is this allowed to happen if true?

People are afraid of change and will stick to what they know even if it hurts them. Look at congress

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

People are afraid of change and will stick to what they know even if it hurts them. Look at congress

This isn’t big government this is a small athletic department. Judy and Doug were bff’s when getting into the big east and firing cjl but that didn’t save him from the axe. I find it hard to believe if people were stating they were leaving in droves and taking their millions with them that Judy or the trustees wouldn’t react.

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

This isn’t big government this is a small athletic department. Judy and Doug were bff’s when getting into the big east and firing cjl but that didn’t save him from the axe. I find it hard to believe if people were stating they were leaving in droves and taking their millions with them that Judy or the trustees wouldn’t react.

Who knows. Maybe he is bringing in corporate money to make things look like a wash? If he is making up the slack elsewhere they may not care right now

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

On 4/20/2018 at 11:22 AM, SoFlo All Day said:

Not sure why people are giving Harlan credit for hiring Tags though...Woodard hired Taggart before he was canned in 2014. Fernandez has been here for like 15 years? I think that was all Selmon. 

USF never had an AD named Woodard.

Paul Griffin hired CJF.

Doug Woolard hired Taggart

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Paul Griffin was our best AD ever. Too bad he got run run out of town due to guilt by association. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

That 5% raise isn’t much of a vote of confidence. I think Harlan got extended but they’re not looking to take him off the market if other schools come calling.

That is an excellent observation.