• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls AD Harlan About to Sign an Extension

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

A Dell rep for USF once told us that we didn't have to worry about an employee we had complained about, she had transferred out. He referred to her as "Not good enough to keep, not bad enough to fire" and her transfer was optimal for him. Harlan seems to have been about the same.

6 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Very accurate portrayal.

I keep trying to block it out but every time I read one your posts on this thread, I'm reminded that you're the perfect example of the alumni that have been the bane of MH, and all previous and future AD's ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

37 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I keep trying to block it out but every time I read one your posts on this thread, I'm reminded that you're the perfect example of the alumni that have been the bane of MH, and all previous and future AD's ...

There are legitimate reasons people hated MH. I liked DW and LRS. Leavitt is was my only beef with DW but that was unwinnable 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

43 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

There are legitimate reasons people hated MH. I liked DW and LRS. Leavitt is was my only beef with DW but that was unwinnable 

And probably more about just DW.  Don't think he made that call, at least not alone. Many forces at work in that decision.

2 hours ago, Skingraft said:

I don't think 83 hated MH .... just one of those fans that didn't/doesn't understand the huge importance of donors to a college Athletic program.

And I do understand that some have legitimate, to them, reasons for hating an AD, but I'll never understand withholding monies from a program, hampering its growth ...... unless those reasons involve things illegal, immoral or unethical. Just my feelings on that.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Sorry, but DW extending (and raising) CSH's contract after the program was obviously trending downwards was inexcusable. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

On 6/2/2018 at 8:22 PM, Triple B said:

I'll never understand withholding monies from a program, hampering its growth ...... unless those reasons involve things illegal, immoral or unethical. Just my feelings on that.

I can see both sides of it.  Why give money to an organization that you feel is not operating in a manner in which you agree with?  However, you're right, ultimately it hurts the program.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:
On 6/2/2018 at 5:22 PM, Triple B said:

I'll never understand withholding monies from a program, hampering its growth ...... unless those reasons involve things illegal, immoral or unethical. Just my feelings on that.

I can see both sides of it.  Why give money to an organization that you feel is not operating in a manner in which you agree with?  However, you're right, ultimately it hurts the program.

Short term pain for long term gain.

If you think the AD should be fired, withholding your donation might speed that up. By donating, you're implicitly stating that all is well. According to SCOTUS, money is just another form of speech, so make yours be heard.

5 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

2 hours ago, charsibb said:

Short term pain for long term gain.

If you think the AD should be fired, withholding your donation might speed that up. By donating, you're implicitly stating that all is well. According to SCOTUS, money is just another form of speech, so make yours be heard.

If you're at the point where you honestly think that the AD should be fired, I can't disagree with withholding money ..... but, IMO, it needs to be a **** good reason to think it because, while your withholding may speed up a firing, it may not. What it does do though, in our case, is hamper a program that's trying desperately to get to another level.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

If you're at the point where you honestly think that the AD should be fired, I can't disagree with withholding money ..... but, IMO, it needs to be a **** good reason to think it because, while your withholding may speed up a firing, it may not. What it does do though, in our case, is hamper a program that's trying desperately to get to another level.

We've been through this before. Not everyone on here is an alum of USF.  We budget an amount of money to go to charities each year. We've selected USF Athletics for the bulk of that money based on how people treated us over the years. We could easily flip flop that amount and give more to Moffitt and some other charities. Our former AD MH had us questioning whether we should direct more funds to other things. We did increase our donation by 10% last year in spite of our relationship with him because others, past and present, in the Bulls Club drove home that point that we are doing it for the student athletes.  Had enough after last year and took away that extra 10%.  We realize what we contribute barely moves the needle, but at USF every friggin penny counts.  This isn't UCLA. The donors aren't lining up out the doors to give.  So you would think one would at least recognize that you exist when in the same room.