• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I am not up on everything but after reading a lot of responses regarding the game experience yesterday, it seems like the OCS is the missing puzzle piece for a great game day experience.  If USF is willing to erect a 40m IPF why not sink that into the OCS & build the basic with room for expansion?   I bet the donations would come in.  I am not rich & on a fixed income but would give what I could. Then just build the IPF as just a practice field without all the other bells & whistles.  As time goes on then expand that amenity.   Then both areas of concern are addressed.  I would be interested in what others think on this.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think you could build even an erector set stadium for less than $100 mil. Probably would be more. UCF stadium was $60 mil, but that was over a decade ago and seems the work was shoddy. Construction costs are way up now. The design that was proposed has a $200 million price tag. Doable if we were in a P5, but not in the AAC.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Rather put the money into a quality coach and staff...good coaches trump a IPF all day.

Maybe upgrade our facilities. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Start a fund for each and collect money, but we other fish to fry atm

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Which ever one let's us work on kick coverage, I'm for it.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

The IPF and new football center it brings with it will attract more talent to USF than an OCS. Being that USF sees more lightning strikes than just about any school in the country makes it even more ridiculous that we don’t have one yet. An OCS someday may be nice but an IPF is more of a necessity and much for financialy feasible as well as more   Fiscally responsible of an investment. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

17 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

I don't think you could build even an erector set stadium for less than $100 mil. Probably would be more. UCF stadium was $60 mil, but that was over a decade ago and seems the work was shoddy. Construction costs are way up now. The design that was proposed has a $200 million price tag. Doable if we were in a P5, but not in the AAC.

Exactly, what will an OCS cost 10 years from now.  We need an IPF, certainly, but we could build an excellent one for 10mil. We are doubling down on Ray Jay.  We will be having this same conversation 10 years from now, talking about how expensive it is and maybe one day.  Should have done it 10 years ago. 

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

After watching the game yesterday, put me on the list for supporting an OCS. It is what our program needs relative to our anemic fan base. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

IPF