• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

USF already gets the top talent in the American with really only UCF and Houston able to compete in recruiting on a yearly basis. IPF isn't going to move the needle that much. Really need to get into a P5 conference to make any further waves in recruiting.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

32 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

USF already gets the top talent in the American with really only UCF and Houston able to compete in recruiting on a yearly basis. IPF isn't going to move the needle that much. Really need to get into a P5 conference to make any further waves in recruiting.

And if a P5 conference tells us that we need an OCS as a condition of entry, we'd break ground tomorrow.  Not having an OCS didn't hurt Rutgers (3 miles away) or Pitt (4 miles) in the last round of expansion.  Other P5 schools without an OCS include Miami (22 miles) and UCLA (27 miles),.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

And if a P5 conference tells us that we need an OCS as a condition of entry, we'd break ground tomorrow.  Not having an OCS didn't hurt Rutgers (3 miles away) or Pitt (4 miles) in the last round of expansion.  Other P5 schools without an OCS include Miami (22 miles) and UCLA (27 miles),.

That’s a looong 27 miles from Westwood to Pasadena too. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

37 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

If we’d “break ground tomorrow” then why wait?

Also, I see P5 entry and an OCS as separate issues. 

I don’t see getting into the P5 as the be all and end all for this program. The mindset of some on this board is hard for me to understand.

In one sentence, we are this meager, broke little school that would crumble financially if we built an OCS...then the next sentence we are a viable, deserving candidate for P5 expansion. It’s very inconsistent.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Speed, I appreciate your enthusiasm, "we'd break ground tomorrow" because we'd be getting 10's of millions of more dollars a year.  that changes our entire athletic budget.

The original question wasn't whether any wants an OCS or not, is which is more important.  In my opinion, and apparently in the AD's opinion, the IPF is more important at this time.

We will get an OCS and it will be nice.  Just be patient.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Speed, I appreciate your enthusiasm, "we'd break ground tomorrow" because we'd be getting 10's of millions of more dollars a year.  that changes our entire athletic budget.

The original question wasn't whether any wants an OCS or not, is which is more important.  In my opinion, and apparently in the AD's opinion, the IPF is more important at this time.

We will get an OCS and it will be nice.  Just be patient.

Fair enough, good conversation/debate 👍🏽. 

I’m sure the OCS will come in time. Patience has never been a strength of mine.

One of positives that I take from the IPF is that is shows another level of commitment to the program. It seems logical that an OCS will follow. I’d just like to hear a more definitive statement about one. I keep waiting for an announcement with Judy Genshaft and Jeff Vinick telling us about plans for the new stadium. I don’t have any insight or information about that, but it just seems like something he’d get involved with and I really hope he does.

I guess at the end of the day I just feel that this program has earned it. Earned the right to their own home. To further build on the traditions that have begun to be established. When the OCS happens I know it’s going to pump a lot of life into the program. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

We need both. We're building the IPF first. The OCS will come next. Or at least it should. And if it takes 10 years that will be a big mistake. Price will always go up.