• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

After watching the game yesterday, put me on the list for supporting an OCS. It is what our program needs relative to our anemic fan base. 

Totally agree. No way we could match that atmosphere at  RayJay. UCF  managed to get that built after we were invited to the Big East, and they were left behind. FAU has managed to build an OCS,  and have an IPF underway, and they are a younger program. That game yesterday had a really big time look to it, and the setting had a lot to do with it. As far as the AAC showcase aspect of yesterday's game, I'm sure that Aresco, and anyone else with a vested interest was glad the game was in Orlando. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

After watching the game yesterday, put me on the list for supporting an OCS. It is what our program needs relative to our anemic fan base. 

I agree with that to the point that our anemic fan base would look a lot better in a smaller venue ....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Totally agree. No way we could match that atmosphere at  RayJay. UCF  managed to get that built after we were invited to the Big East, and they were left behind. FAU has managed to build an OCS,  and have an IPF underway, and they are a younger program. That game yesterday had a really big time look to it, and the setting had a lot to do with it. As far as the AAC showcase aspect of yesterday's game, I'm sure that Aresco, and anyone else with a vested interest was glad the game was in Orlando. 

Your last sentence is an excellent point. I think we would have seen the lower tier sold out and “maybe” a few pockets of people on the second level but the TV view might not have looked great. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,747
  • Content Count:  37,636
  • Days Won:  29

3 hours ago, 206BULL said:

The IPF and new football center it brings with it will attract more talent to USF than an OCS. Being that USF sees more lightning strikes than just about any school in the country makes it even more ridiculous that we don’t have one yet. An OCS someday may be nice but an IPF is more of a necessity and much for financialy feasible as well as more   Fiscally responsible of an investment. 

Agree!

Best way to get an OCS is selling out the lower bowl of RayJay.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We have a great stadium to play in right now.  The  IPF is more of an immediate need.  If the Citrus Bowl didn't kick UCF out for renovations, they'd probably still be playing there.  We'll get an OCS and it will be a nice one.  Be patient.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

IPF.. Not forget what we had in RJS when we were in Big East. UCF had the attendance issues until last Friday.

Recruiting is the key to keep our team winning and get an invitation to the power conference.  They obviously rather to be inside for practice than hot outside. :)  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  2

UCF fan here. I think you need an IPF first. Long term it really will help create the atmosphere you want if you get an OCS, but IPF and all the other facilities presented along with it are needed first. 

OCS will help boost attendance initially but as you guys showed in your Big East years, winning can bring people in even at RJS. It's a nice stadium. Get all your extra facilities first while you can still rent at a nice NFL stadium. Putting all the money into the OCS first would set your donors back a bit for the other stuff and you can't really rent out an IPF like you can rent a stadium. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Need the on campus Publix(though it will ruin my daily egress) first, then Publix can drop the check for the OCS.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Need the on campus Publix(though it will ruin my daily egress) first, then Publix can drop the check for the OCS.

I heard that thing is delayed for a while. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, CostSegAdvisor said:

Public would pay for naming rights NOT the cost oof the stadium construction 

I say OCS as it gives alumni a reason to visit the campus and create the game day atmosphere -- on campus.

I'll give you your second point, but I hate the first point.  If you need a reason to visit campus, then you're not that interested in visiting campus anyway.  Also, we have men and women's basketball, men and women's basketball, baseball, softball all on campus.  Visit then