• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did we hire the Charlie Strong of Texas or Louisville?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

We will be fine, CCS will open the playbook soon.  

:roflmao: Thanks. I needed that.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, usfgrad84 said:

I don''t see where there is so much speed on this team offensively. Our guys have been caught from behind more often than not. Very little YAC. Runners have struggled to get the edge all year. 

I agree. For RBs, Mack had more 50 yard spurts in one game than our RB stable has had all year. Adams had incredible yardage after catch and could run under balls like none on the team now. It was different.  The talent overall is different, meaning less. However, I would expect a good coach to make a difference positively, not otherwise. 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

According to strong they ran the ball on 1st down with Houston stacking the box since that is what the defense was giving them. Wouldn’t it be wiser to throw the ball when they stack the box?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Eureka!

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

10 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

According to strong they ran the ball on 1st down with Houston stacking the box since that is what the defense was giving them. Wouldn’t it be wiser to throw the ball when they stack the box?

Someone should have asked Coach Strong if tonight reminded him of his time at Texas. :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

What about the 40 seconds of game clock we gave them? 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

Blah, we lost a game and this team is still getting adjusted. The 4th and 24 was a lucky play. Things happen. Its time 2 move on. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Wildrover said:

CCS at Texas and Louisville are the same animal.  He was successful at Louisville because he had a stacked cupboard facing inferior competition.  he was hired away before getting exposed.  Many will say I'm saying this tonight as an emotional reaction to a sore loss.  That's a fair counterpoint since I haven't been here in a while.  My evidence,  which is future evidence,  will be how much of a step back we take next year.

Nebraska's three yards and a cloud of dust doesn't exist anymore, not even in Nebraska.  yet,  we have a coach who has so much faith in an OC who seems to believe in that,  despite having a stable of thoroughbreds built for speed and not a lot of corn-fed bovine built to push the smaller opponent aside, this is the best system for us.  It suggests an old school 'I'm right caused it worked before"  mentality and not a "build around the strengths of the players I have mentality" 

Coaches should have no system in my opinion except that they build around the players they have.  Forcing players to adhere to systems that are not suited to their talents is folly yet something we are seeing not only in CCS and Gilbert but around the country in all kinds of sports.  As a business scholar its management 101,  you as the boss do what needs to be done to provide the environment that will get the most out of your people.  the old school way of forcing your people to bend to you will doesn't yield the best results in business,  why haven't htey figured that out in football? 

$0.02

Teddy Bridgewater was also an NFL QB that could hit the broadside of a barn. That helps with all aspects of the game plan. CCS recruited him. We can only hope for someone similar.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Blah, we lost a game and this team is still getting adjusted. The 4th and 24 was a lucky play. Things happen. Its time 2 move on. 

Uhhh, we are headed into week 10!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, mjadams said:

Teddy Bridgewater was also an NFL QB that could hit the broadside of a barn. That helps with all aspects of the game plan. CCS recruited him. We can only hope for someone similar.

Clint Hurtt recruited him . They came as a package deal when hurtt left Miami because he was going to get pinched in their recruiting violations. he eventually did get a show cause from NCAA. UofL cheated to get teddy and the miami 5. It had nothing to do with Strong and everything to do with hiring Clint Hurtt