• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If I did not Know Better

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

54 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Did you happen to know that we are rushing for 20 yards MORE a game this year, than we did last year with the great Marlon Mack.

That's a function of we're running more. We're at 5.5 yards per carry this year versus 6.7 last year. Also we pass for 38 yards less per game this season.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

9 hours ago, raginbull76 said:

Very simply put, look at the competition these numbers are put up against.  UCF is high scoring and undefeated too.  But they have quality wins against Navy and Memphis.  Even a weaker team on  their schedule such as Maryland is far better than anyone we have played thus far.   We have not played one team that compares to any of those.  Stonybrook? ECU? San Jose State? etc.     Again, the combined record of our opponents thus far is 18-53.  Don't get me wrong.  I am thrilled that we are 7-0.  You can't play sloppy games against inferior competition week in and week out and realistically consider ourselves a top 20 team.  The Houston game is our first real test of the season.   Hopefully, we pass it with flying colors!

Thanks for the response Ragin,

Like I said before, I think CCS takes out his first team once the game is in hand and they've proved to him they can handle a team with their starters even if the opponent comes back late in the game against the back ups.  It's a gamble that almost cost us this week but it tells me he is playing the long game.

I also think that @Triple B has a point.  Some offensive styles score lots of points and others are more methodical but harder to stop.  It seems counter intuitive but if your good at running up the middle (and I don't think we are yet) it it's hard to stop.  It also serves the purpose of keeping the defense off the field.

I think we want an offense that moves the ball and eats the clock.  It keeps the other team off the field. I've been watching and admittedly a little frustrated myself.  It's almost like we could score if we wanted to or if we called the right play but we aren't.  

Is that incompetence or intentional?  I'm hoping the latter but if we get smoked and have no answer then I'll accept the "I told you so's".

In the mean time I'll just enjoy or record and ranking.

Edited by MMW

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, SANJAY said:

That's a function of we're running more. We're at 5.5 yards per carry this year versus 6.7 last year. Also we pass for 38 yards less per game this season.

6.7 per carry for the entire 2016? That's insanely high..

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

No doubt.

Too bad, that there is so much hand wringing on this board when we are still undefeated and ranked in the top 20.

Sad to say, that there will still be people complaining about something no matter what happens.

Perhaps, that is just human nature.

We can always perform better in some areas.

All teams have both their strengths and weaknesses, to one degree or another.

I remember this board in '07 in the days BEFORE the infamous Rutger's game and thought that many here at the time were just over the top in their expectations and that a monumental meltdown was bound to happen at some point. I have never bothered to bring that up, before.

So, I learned to not get too high or too low with my expectations when it comes to USF football.

Hopefully, things work out as well as possible.

If not, I at least won't be wringing my hands.

In the meantime, I'm just enjoying the winning streak for as long as it lasts, knowing that it will one day end.

When we do lose, I hope I don't make excuses and just say, "We lost to a better team," on that day.

I think a lot of the complaining is due to the success of UCF. Right now they are better and people are nervous. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think a lot of the complaining is due to the success of UCF. Right now they are better and people are nervous. 

Ding ding ding.....

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think a lot of the complaining is due to the success of UCF. Right now they are LOOK better and people are nervous. 

My opinion.

13 hours ago, MMW said:

This statement is puzzling.  Our team is 7-0 with lofty offensive and defensive numbers but Strong hasn't done a good job?

Our offense is productive and our defense is stingy.  It's it possible that you all were spoiled by our score at will ability last year?  That was great and all but or defense was embarrassing.  Worse than that CWT didn't care.  What I see in CCS is balance.  It is a veteran team coming off an 11-2 team but they are still learning a new system.

We also see a coach who is putting in his second and third string instead of running up the score.  I see that every game.  He can do that because even though the game is not officially over we have dominated throughout.

Took three pages before someone mentioned this.

I think maybe against Tulane he pulled the starters a little early, but that's 100% hindsight.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They're clicking, there's no doubt, and I'm a little worried at their balance on O. But I really don't believe they're the better team. Their D has holes, and our D can handle them--with 2-3 turnovers we'll edge 'em out. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

My opinion.

Took three pages before someone mentioned this.

I think maybe against Tulane he pulled the starters a little early, but that's 100% hindsight.

Agreed. On the second touchdown I saw Khalid Mcgee at linebacker nad was out of position. Then on the third touchdown again 2nd string miscommunication and Hilliard gets behind coverage for the wheel route touchdown.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

20 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

I would think we were 0-7 in football or talking about our basketball program. 

Since when did we have such a low image of our football team around here. Geez, we are the a top 10 rushing offense and defense, highest ranked G5 team, being picked to go to the Peach Bowl by most people that guess these things, owners of the longest winning streak in the country, currently in the midst of a record setting streak of 30 points or more and most posts on here are doomsday. 

Guys, you game plan to beat the opponent.  We dominate pretty much every game  coaching staff let ip the other day against a lesser opponent while we were up by more than 4 scores.  It was not like last years defense when we were simply inept  

our coaching staff is smart  they know how to get the job done  

stop whining because you don't like the way we are getting it done. We are getting it done!

If the car's engine is in flames you don't tell the kids in the back seat to get over it because you're 20 minutes from Disney World and they should be happy.. You can appreciate your success yet still be realistic about problems.

Edited by ToroDeFuego
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Edited by ToroDeFuego