• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If I did not Know Better

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

Houston will be good barometer of where we really are.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

IMO, the biggest key to the UCF game is being able to  bring more pressure on Milton and getting him so rattled  that he rushes his passes and throws some interceptions.

UCF  put a lot of pressure on Ferguson and that was the main reason why they were able to dominate Memphis.

So far this year, Milton has not been under a great deal of pressure.

Last year, we were able to intercept him twice. He also had a fumble which we recovered.  

Flowers was not intercepted.

Consider we lead the nation in interceptions this year, I think that might end up being the difference in the outcome of the game.

Another factor is being able to wear them down with our run game and eating up more clock with longer drives.

If we can do those things, I think we have a good chance to beat them on the road.

When you rush Milton it must be done while trying to contain him..he has wheels and will bust one if he has the opportunity. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I'm tired of hearing how we've not played our best game yet from CCS. For crying out loud, we just played the 7th game of the season. This team is what the coaching staff have made them to be. Time for the coaches and players to own it. Then and only then can they try to fix it.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

It's not a matter of whining. It's a matter of putting our fandom aside and looking at this team objectively. 

We are gushing with talent and athleticism, but the final results are not showing just how talented we are. Expecting that the coaching staff make the most of the best football team to ever take the field for USF is not asking for too much. If you are ok with almost blowing a 27 point lead against a vastly inferior team, I don't know what I could tell you to convince you to at least be concerned about some of the signs that this team is vulnerable. 

I waited until right before game 7 to post a full evaluation of the team to this point in the season. I listed out my concerns and explained why there was reason for concern. Then, watching the Tulane game, I was reminded in the latter part of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter why I need to remain concerned about our chances to win the conference. I have not seen the week-to-week improvement that I was hoping to see with this squad. We are beating teams on pure talent and athleticism alone. 

It is possible to be happy that we are 7-0 (which I am) while being concerned with the quality of the product (which I am) and our prospects of getting to 12-0 (which is the ultimate goal for the season).  

Worrying about losing when there is nothing you can do about is makes you suffer twice.  Enjoy the wins.  We may very well lose to Houston but it should be a great feeling being 7-0 now.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, MMW said:

Worrying about losing when there is nothing you can do about is makes you suffer twice.  Enjoy the wins.  We may very well lose to Houston but it should be a great feeling being 7-0 now.  

It's not "worrying" in the sense that I am losing sleep over it. It is simply an uneasiness while watching the games knowing that we have tougher tests ahead of us and not seeing the improvement that I would hope for. You can never do anything about it, so what you typed above applied whether we are 0-7 or 7-0, but it is also unrealistic for me not to truly care what the team looks like. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

our prospects of getting to 12-0 (which is the ultimate goal for the season).  

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

It's not "worrying" in the sense that I am losing sleep over it. It is simply an uneasiness while watching the games knowing that we have tougher tests ahead of us and not seeing the improvement that I would hope for. You can never do anything about it, so what you typed above applied whether we are 0-7 or 7-0, but it is also unrealistic for me not to truly care what the team looks like. 

I understand.  I see the same things.  I am adjusting my 12-0 expectations accordingly.  I think our chances are 50-50 at this point.  50-50 at going 12-0 this late in the season is still pretty good.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

27 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I'm tired of hearing how we've not played our best game yet from CCS. For crying out loud, we just played the 7th game of the season. This team is what the coaching staff have made them to be. Time for the coaches and players to own it. Then and only then can they try to fix it.

They're saying they haven't played their best game ...... is that not owning up?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

I would think we were 0-7 in football or talking about our basketball program. 

Since when did we have such a low image of our football team around here. Geez, we are the a top 10 rushing offense and defense, highest ranked G5 team, being picked to go to the Peach Bowl by most people that guess these things, owners of the longest winning streak in the country, currently in the midst of a record setting streak of 30 points or more and most posts on here are doomsday. 

Guys, you game plan to beat the opponent.  We dominate pretty much every game  coaching staff let ip the other day against a lesser opponent while we were up by more than 4 scores.  It was not like last years defense when we were simply inept  

our coaching staff is smart  they know how to get the job done  

stop whining because you don't like the way we are getting it done. We are getting it done!

I thought that Charlie Strong was a solid upgrade as a head coach. But, this team still would be undefeated with this schedule if Taggert was still here. (No knock on him, by the way.)   In fact, they might have even played better.  Our  opponents thus far have a combined record of 18-53 if I am correct.   I am not saying that Strong is not a good head coach. But someone really does have to wear "green goggles" to think that he has done a good job thus far. A very "sloppy" team as some football analysts have pointed out. Those lofty offensive and defensive numbers are misleading when you consider the quality of the competition.

Our first "real" football game of the season is Houston this upcoming Saturday.  The good news is that it is a home game.  If we lose this one, then we know that our unblemished record through seven games was truly a mirage.  If we win this one in grand fashion, then perhaps our guys really do play up to the level of the competition.  What a great thing it would be for our USF Bulls, fans and alumni if both us and UCF head into Thanksgiving weekend both undefeated.  

Edited by raginbull76
mis-spelling

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

They're saying they haven't played their best game ...... is that not owning up?

No that's a cop-out. What he needs to say is this is not who we want to be and we are going to fix it. It's plain to me that the team has regressed if only do to the change in scheme. The players aren't being utilized to their potential and it's plain as day to the fans. You'd think a Professional coach would be able to realize this as well. If the scheme isn't obtaining the desired results, change it. It's called "making adjustments".

Edited by Azmodi