• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If I did not Know Better

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

i see, so dominating doesn't mean winning by 30 points or keeping teams to 0 offensive touchdowns. In order to be considered dominating teams we need to score 80 points a game, lead the nation in every category both offensively and defensively while keeping every team to a field goal or less.

So we gave up some points yesterday. That was poor decisions on the coaching staff to go into clock burning mode too early. Big deal. Miami almost lost to Syracuse, Texas almost beat OSU. 

I think if cut out the penalties in the red zone that turn first and goal from the 7 and take points off the board or turn it into 1st and goal from the 20 then we are scoring TDs and not Field Goals  

in my opinion we don't have the breakaway speed to run so many bubble screens, touch pass runs and jet sweeps that we did last year  Mack was quick enoigh to bounce outside or to get the edge  Our RBs this year have not been able to the edge.  When we do try the bubble our receivers are getting caught or not breaking the tackes like Adams did  maybe some around here are the ones wanting to run the GCO without the athletes to do it  

We aren't a flawless team.  We were never going to the CFP, but for the most part we have been dominating every game  every game is not going to be 75-3.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Ragin, If CWT was still here that would mean that Woodie is still coaching the D? then this team is not 7-0. We likely lose the ECU and/or Tulane games. On the road and the offenses did some damage even with us tackling much better this year.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

4 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

Ragin, If CWT was still here that would mean that Woodie is still coaching the D? then this team is not 7-0. We likely lose the ECU and/or Tulane games. On the road and the offenses did some damage even with us tackling much better this year.

This is what I meant by game planning to win. Last year we ended up getting in shootouts where we needed to keep piling on the points because we needed to. This year we are beating teams on both sides of the ball. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I think what is frustrating is the sloppy play...penalties, drops, missed blocks and at time suspect play calling.

This team hasnt peaked yet

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

It is possible to be happy that we are 7-0 (which I am) while being concerned with the quality of the product (which I am) and our prospects of getting to 12-0 (which is the ultimate goal for the season).  

This is where I stand as well. I'm enjoying all of this, believe me, but the goal is and always should be not just winning particular games, but winning a CCG.

Some (like me) are concerned that despite all the wins, we'll end the season empty-handed again. Perhaps due to a loss against our hated rival to the east. 

So the winning is great - I don't want it to ever end! - but HOW we win and whether it will ultimately carry us over into a conference championship matters. A lot.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

They're saying they haven't played their best game ...... is that not owning up?

59 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

No that's a cop-out. What he needs to say is this is not who we want to be and we are going to fix it.

Toe-may-toe ..... Toe-mah-toe.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

I LOVE our football team and coaching staff!! Hiring CCS was simply amazing and he has already turned the defense around. There is always room for improvement, but overall, we've never been better. With that said, I think that's what makes our fan base so frustrating. If we would support him like we did CJL, he would be more inclined to stay. I fear that our fan base will end this beautiful partnership prematurely. 

Basketball has the right coach at the moment and our facilities are top notch. We just need a little stability. 

Every other sport is really competitive with great coaches and facilities. 

I think we are very fortunate as USF fans and alumni. Not only are our athletics very competitive with updated facilities and nearly no debt, but our schools academics are on the rise and well respected. Most universities don't have nearly complete balance of athletics and academics programs. All we need is more funding and we will have the complete package. I've never been so proud to be a Bull as I am now!!

Go Bulls!!!!

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Toe-may-toe ..... Toe-mah-toe.

Yes but; it's 6 games later and he still hasn't fixed it.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, raginbull76 said:

someone really does have to wear "green goggles" to think that he has done a good job thus far. A very "sloppy" team as some football analysts have pointed out. Those lofty offensive and defensive numbers are misleading when you consider the quality of the competition.

This statement is puzzling.  Our team is 7-0 with lofty offensive and defensive numbers but Strong hasn't done a good job?

Our offense is productive and our defense is stingy.  It's it possible that you all were spoiled by our score at will ability last year?  That was great and all but or defense was embarrassing.  Worse than that CWT didn't care.  What I see in CCS is balance.  It is a veteran team coming off an 11-2 team but they are still learning a new system.

We also see a coach who is putting in his second and third string instead of running up the score.  I see that every game.  He can do that because even though the game is not officially over we have dominated throughout.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, MMW said:

I understand.  I see the same things.  I am adjusting my 12-0 expectations accordingly.  I think our chances are 50-50 at this point.  50-50 at going 12-0 this late in the season is still pretty good.

Even if the team played to the level I believe they can, it's a tough haul to go 12-0. Even with a 90% chance to win every game you only have a 28% chance to win 12 in a row. But this was supposed to be the magical year with everything poised to go our way so I'm expecting it. In my mind this team, for USF, is close to a once in a generation team with regards to the talent level. That's why it pains me to see the team not performing as well as I believe they can.  I know this chance won't come along again for quite some time.

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw