• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What was your favorite USF Football ERA?

What was your favorite USF Football Era  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

27 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

How does Skippy have a vote but CWt doesn't? I started at USF in 2005 so the Big East days are obviously my favorite. CWT would be second though.

It might be a joke vote?  Not sure how CWT era can get votes.  I guess the biggest win was either Temple or Navy?  Birmingham came after Willie.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

For me my NOW vote is a nod to CWT these are his kids doing what they do. Its a continuation so I can't say I liked last year less. We're just still working towards greatness. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

I'm good with any 4 out of 5. Unfortunately the ONE has hurt more than all the others have helped.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

Best Era is now. this is probably our best all around team ever. 

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

55 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I'm good with any 4 out of 5. Unfortunately the ONE has hurt more than all the others have helped.

True ... but I think we can, at some point, overcome the entitlement feeling left by the BE era.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Personally, mine was the transition era. Beating UConn for our first 1-A win in 2000. Taking out Pitt on the road in 2001 for our first signature 1-A win. And then beating our first ranked team (BGSU) in 2002. Exciting time. Marquel Blackwell, Hugh Smith, DeAndrew Rubin, Huey Whittacker, etc. I remember feeling like we actually belonged more and more after each of those victories.

Of course the Big East era, CWT, & now CCS eras have all had their great moments as well

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Though I like the current era, and the last half of the Taggart era I have to give the nod to when we were taking down the big programs with big upsets. Strong doesn't have that opportunity and Taggart blew it with FSU.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

Winning is great.  Being 5-0 is great.  But my favorite...

I'd have to say the Big East ERA.

• Being relevant.
  • The talking heads would spend a few minutes talking about us and pimping our upcoming matchups all the time.
  • Everyone wanted my extra tickets...now I can't give them away.
  • Honestly playing for a national championship.  We truly were.  In 2007, WVU was #2 with a chance at a natty WITH 1 LOSS TO USF.  That's huge.
  • THE PACKED HOUSE.  Nothing beat the WVU game of 2007 and the other sold out games.
  • Beating the C-USA champion UCF 64-12 in front of a sold out crowd.
  • NEVER LOSING TO A NON BCS level school during that era.

I love this team and I never miss a home game.  This team is great to watch, and I am very proud that we are ranked and 5-0.  The truth is that we got totally shafted by the system and had to take a monumental step backward.  Monumental.  What happened to USF, Cinci, and UCONN with conference re-alignment had negative effects on our program that are comparable to the negative affects that SMU took for getting the death penalty.  Only difference is that our schools didn't grossly violate any NCAA rules.  We just got screwed by ESPN and the television industry.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  262
  • Days Won:  2

Personally, the Big East era.  We never won a CC or a big bowl or anything like that but we had some real signature wins.  As good as we've been the last 2.5 years, we don't have that signature win yet.  It used to feel like we had a chance in every game back in the Big East era, but now I'd have 0 confidence if we were heading into Jordan-Hare or South Bend this weekend.  As great  as Q has been for us he just doesn't have that signature win yet.  I hope he finds it at the end of this year to cap off an absolutely stellar career.  

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

Big East, not really a question in my opinion. 

• Like 1