• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance is an embarrassment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

32 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Any P5 conference move has to include both school or non at all. Like it or not we are  conjoined. 

Correct.

At this point, it makes more sense to be a package deal with UCF.

The other conference teams can have one of us at home and one away each year, to take advantage of Florida recruiting.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Went to 75% of the reg season home games and the third level was never very empty. Not always full but never even close to empty ... maybe went to a exh game. 

4 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Now, now boys.  Joe is always right.  

He may be right this time .... but if he is, his game was an outlier as far as normal Lightning attendance went last year.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Any P5 conference move has to include both school or non at all. Like it or not we are  conjoined. 

As long as we get out of this conference I don't care who we bring with us. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good lord I have those pompass ******** here at my university (and it's a 1aa football program). 

We probably do too, and we're D3. And religious. Go figure.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

So Vinik's name is now on our graduate sports management program and we've signed some marketing/media deal with his new management company.  Can we please get some Vinik staff or some graduate students promoting the rest of the football season?

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gradebook/usf-to-rename-sports-management-program-for-vinik-family/2338720

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

Someone help me understand why our attendance is so bad. I haven't been to campus since 2008 (living in Michigan makes it hard), but we have proven when we have a winner we can pack at least draw 50k per game, what changed from the mid 2000's to now? I can understand attendance being thin during bad years, but this team is really solid. I'm sure there are many reasons, but everyone like a winner right?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, michibull said:

Someone help me understand why our attendance is so bad. I haven't been to campus since 2008 (living in Michigan makes it hard), but we have proven when we have a winner we can pack at least draw 50k per game, what changed from the mid 2000's to now? I can understand attendance being thin during bad years, but this team is really solid. I'm sure there are many reasons, but everyone like a winner right?

There are a ton of threads on this but to summarize: we fired Leavitt, we are in a bad conference, our schedule stinks, we don't have an on campus stadium, it's too hot, the Saturday games are either played at noon, 4 or 7:00 - none of which is convenient for our fans, our games are played on weeknights - again not convenient for our fans, Skip Holtz killed USF football, Doug Woolard killed USF football or some combination of all the above.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

This topic may have been addressed the same way I am but I don't have time to wade through so many pages so:

Every time I watch a college football game that is being played in a municipal stadium as opposed to an on campus stadium I see the same thing empty seats on the "visitors" side. The cameras are shooting  from the "home" side.so it looks bad. However if the game is on an OCS the students will fill in the visitors side.

We need an On Campus Stadium NOW!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Old_Bull said:

This topic may have been addressed the same way I am but I don't have time to wade through so many pages so:

Every time I watch a college football game that is being played in a municipal stadium as opposed to an on campus stadium I see the same thing empty seats on the "visitors" side. The cameras are shooting  from the "home" side.so it looks bad. However if the game is on an OCS the students will fill in the visitors side.

We need an On Campus Stadium NOW!

You know, I had a similar thought. Last week against Temple looked really bad, but from the end zone views, you could see the home side was filled pretty well. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Tampa is an apathetic city and not passionate about anything.  It's viewed as a place for old people and beach bums.  It's my home and I love it, but it is what it is.