• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance is an embarrassment

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

8 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

It's a shame (regarding USF).  It's a great university with solid athletics that are competitive.  My passion never dies for USF.  

This we agree on. The media has totally ****** up a lot of people's minds when it comes to college sports.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/26/2017 at 8:38 PM, Bausfkid said:

Tampa is an apathetic city and not passionate about anything.  It's viewed as a place for old people and beach bums.  It's my home and I love it, but it is what it is.  

So if you're a P5 commisioner, and you know this about Tampa and our attendance problems, would you invite USF over the available G5 teams, such as BYU, Colorado State, Boise State, etc?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

49 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

So if you're a P5 commisioner, and you know this about Tampa and our attendance problems, would you invite USF over the available G5 teams, such as BYU, Colorado State, Boise State, etc?

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Is the important metric attendance from a group of teams in a conference that are not viewed as notable? 

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/think-attendance-will-hurt-usfs-big-12-bid-think-again/2287511

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

No doubt that moving into a bigger conference will help attendance, and we were once a good draw in the Big East, but I wonder how big a strike against us the fair-weather fan base is here. Tampa fans don't exactly stick with us through thick & thin, like say, BYU fans would with their team, and there is ample evidence of that now. Can't help but wonder how sustainable it would be to continue to field a team if we are left out of the next round of expansion, especially if UCF manages to get an invite. We can't draw a decent crowd despite being ranked, and the football program actually loses money, IIRC. If we can't draw a crowd now, or last year when we were fielding a very entertaining offense, then when exactly will that happen if there is no P5 invite?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

No doubt that moving into a bigger conference will help attendance, and we were once a good draw in the Big East, but I wonder how big a strike against us the fair-weather fan base is here. Tampa fans don't exactly stick with us through thick & thin, like say, BYU fans would with their team, and there is ample evidence of that now. Can't help but wonder how sustainable it would be to continue to field a team if we are left out of the next round of expansion, especially if UCF manages to get an invite. We can't draw a decent crowd despite being ranked, and the football program actually loses money, IIRC. If we can't draw a crowd now, or last year when we were fielding a very entertaining offense, then when exactly will that happen if there is no P5 invite?

American gets better, TV ratings explode, and American teplaces the Big 12 in the P5? 

Edited by Gismo

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

5 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

It's not going to happen if we don't get a P5 invite, at least not to the 2007 type levels. USF needs to recognize that and strategize that way. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

How much does USF charge students for home football games? Just curious.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Not sure if it's been mentioned and I'm not going back 39 pages to see if anyone has said it, but those 4 game mobile ticket packages where you don't know your seats until game day were REALLY a great deal and we haven't had the chance to see how many people bought in on those (Stony Brook was the only game so far of the package I believe) UMass was another which was cancelled and the remaining 2 are Cincy and Houston. Hoping to see a spike in attendance from that at the Cincy game...guess we will see. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Hem said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned and I'm not going back 39 pages to see if anyone has said it, but those 4 game mobile ticket packages where you don't know your seats until game day were REALLY a great deal and we haven't had the chance to see how many people bought in on those (Stony Brook was the only game so far of the package I believe) UMass was another which was cancelled and the remaining 2 are Cincy and Houston. Hoping to see a spike in attendance from that at the Cincy game...guess we will see. 

I think there were not many. Around the first week I looked at the package and added it to my cart the sequence of the item ids made it seem like they would be 70 somethingthed purchased.