• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance is an embarrassment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Using Chicago is a bad example as you know as a Cubs fan that we support even during the bad years.

You're a little misinformed. The Cubs had MANY years where they didn't draw **** because they weren't any good. The Cubs have had an amazing run, compared to their long history, the last 20 years. 18 total playoff appearances in their entire history going back to the 1800s. 1/3 of them in the past 20 years. Hell, in 1984, the first time they had even made the playoffs in a generation, they averaged 26,000.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/attend.shtml

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Excellent point. I know NO ONE in my circle of academic colleagues who are alumni there ever tell me they are going or have been to a BC game. Yet I hear this all the time for UMASS and UCONN (UMASS fans are tiny small and hard to find). 

I would like USF to build an OCS similar in size to GA Tech or BC cause I think all three have similaritys being saturated in pro sports. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Bull Daly said:

I would like USF to build an OCS similar in size to GA Tech or BC cause I think all three have similaritys being saturated in pro sports. 

Yes, BC actually has a nice stadium nestled into their campus. I have been to many GT games and it too would be perfect. 

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You're a little misinformed. The Cubs had MANY years where they didn't draw **** because they weren't any good. The Cubs have had an amazing run, compared to their long history, the last 20 years. 18 total playoff appearances in their entire history going back to the 1800s. 1/3 of them in the past 20 years. Hell, in 1984, the first time they had even made the playoffs in a generation, they averaged 26,000.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/attend.shtml

Don't think we should look at years before 84. A lot of things were different back then. We need to compare with more modern times to get a better model in this study. 

Just now, Bull Daly said:

Don't think we should look at years before 84. A lot of things were different back then. We need to compare with more modern times to get a better model in this study. 

So you just want to look at the years when attendance went up across baseball and the Cubs were good to support your claim that the Cubs have good attendance?

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

13 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

No transit system like NY or Chicago. Makes it even harder for support 

BINGO!

That's why major league baseball attendance here is a problem.

Edited by Mama_Bull

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So you just want to look at the years when attendance went up across baseball and the Cubs were good to support your claim that the Cubs have good attendance?

Lol being a life long Cubs fan, I can tell you that Cubs were not good from 84 to recently. You should know that. Why don't you post the Bears, Blackhawks, and Bulls attendence while you are at. This is an argument that you just can't win. Would be better if you substitute Miami or Atlanta with Chicago but you kind of killed your own argument using a Midwest city 

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Lol being a life long Cubs fan, I can tell you that Cubs were not good from 84 to recently. You should know that. Why don't you post the Bears, Blackhawks, and Bulls attendence while you are at. This is an argument that you just can't win. Would be better if you substitute Miami or Atlanta with Chicago but you kind of killed your own argument using a Midwest city 

If you're a lifelong Cubs fan, what the hell are you talking about? 84, 89, 98, 03, 07, 08, 15, 16. That makes up almost half of the TOTAL years the Cubs have ever even been to the playoffs since 1900.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

If you're a lifelong Cubs fan, what the hell are you talking about? 84, 89, 98, 03, 07, 08, 15, 16. That makes up almost half of the TOTAL years the Cubs have ever even been to the playoffs since 1900.

Please post 87, 88, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 05, 06, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 records.  Trust me, those were some painful seasons. Your argument would be better if you used the White Sox attendence issues. They won WS not long ago but no one cares. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

****....this thread has turned into a discussion of the 84 Cubs. God I love the BullsPen. 

• Haha 1