• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  202
  • Days Won:  0

Priorities

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Hahahahahahahah.  Zero to with priorities and everything to do w/budgets and money.  I encourage many of you to attend a USFAA Board Meeting.  They are always open to the public and you would have a much better understanding of USFAA and the money flow.  If you need dates / times send me a PM and I can assist.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

57 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

We can't find the money for lights for our tennis courts to be able to host the AAC Tourney, but we somehow think we can find a quarter billion dollars for a football stadium.  Laughable.

Go Bulls!

Isn't the tournament usually held at a complex anyway?  Kind of like the baseball tournament? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

We can't find the money for lights for our tennis courts to be able to host the AAC Tourney, but we somehow think we can find a quarter billion dollars for a football stadium.  Laughable.

Go Bulls!

I'm thinking, hoping, that the portion of the Naimoli donation that's going to tennis will incorporate the lights. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 8/9/2017 at 2:01 PM, George Jenkins said:

Decades of football tradition, wealthy alumni and state legislatures funneling them money?

FAU had zero of those.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347

44 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Who besides Tony Dorsett (40 plus years ago) was a Heisman guy?

Fitzgerald should have.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Hugh Green was a Heisman type guy

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, JoeB said:

Hugh Green was a Heisman type guy

Came in second

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,126
  • Days Won:  6

10 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

You are either a Heisman guy or your not!

I think the wording was "Heisman type guy" like Dan Marino.   Pitt did have quite a few and they even one the NC in 76 I believe.  They have a solid history.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204

On 8/11/2017 at 9:57 AM, bullsmeanbusiness said:

I thought so too but in this initial study, I did not see anything. If not then it should definitely be in the second study they do. If the information for every year that we have been at Ray Jay (ticket sales, concessions, etc) is readily available I wouldn't mind taking a stab at the analysis.

There are several sources of revenue you get when you have an OCS.  Tickets, concessions, and parking revenue are the biggest ones.  USF currently pays over $1M a year to the Sports Authority for usage between the raw lease fee and the ticket surcharges.  They are also probably losing out on $3M+ a year on food revenues which likely generate around $1.5-1.8M in net profits pure year in food sales (food cost is super low at stadiums while labor cost likely runs 15% or less due to volume).  There's likely another $1M per year in parking revenue.  Advertising revenue also factors.  The signage around the stadium would generate revenue as would the naming rights.  UCF gets $1 million per year for naming rights.  That number could be higher IF USF can maintain a national ranking for any length of time.

An OCS could likely generate an additional $12-20M+ per year in profit for the program for just football activities.  Concerts, bowl games, and other charged usage for the stadium increase that - except you also have maintenance costs to factor in.  Operational expenses as well - because the power & water bills are probably not a small things.

On the plus side, I could see what is currently the St. Petersburg Bowl relocating and actually being played on campus in a proper football stadium.

Financing is a problem.  How much can be donated?  How much would need to be bonded?  Bonding out $100M for 20 years would be very manageable long term.  That means you need to raise at least $100M and have a plan for cost overages.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1