• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our NEW Basketball HC is....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

Jesus Christ people!  Who the hell did you think we would really get?  We have no players, no history, etc.  Right now, this is a huge challenge of a job.

Some of you think we can just go out and get anyone we want.

This is an underwhelming hire no matter how you slice it IMO.  Other than the half joking Bob Knight Discussion I don't see anyone asking for Coach K or John Calapari in here.  I think the biggest beef is we appeared to settle for a coach rather than actually testing the market after the tournaments.  It's kind of like going out to a bar when you're single.  You don't decide if a girl will go home with you or not before you talk to them you talk to her and let her make that call.  You can't surprise yourself if you constantly shoot low.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, JTrue said:

Coach K sucks. Couldn't even win COY in the ACC. Some chump from GaTech won it this year.

I hope he's not too mad about that where he doesn't focus on winning a sixth national title.  Even though he's favored, it still has to be a bummer he missed out on COY.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Hard pass on Coach K. We already had the coach of the Dominican National Team; do we really need his counter part from the US squad?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Sadly, this still looks like an upgrade.

Brian Gregory as head coach with Murry Bartow as asst coach is lightyears ahead of having Orlando and Oliver Antigua....that is most certainly an

200_s.gif 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, 206BULL said:

Hard pass on Coach K. We already had the coach of the Dominican National Team; do we really need his counter part from the US squad?

Hell of a point there.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

This is an underwhelming hire no matter how you slice it IMO.  Other than the half joking Bob Knight Discussion I don't see anyone asking for Coach K or John Calapari in here.  I think the biggest beef is we appeared to settle for a coach rather than actually testing the market after the tournaments.  It's kind of like going out to a bar when you're single.  You don't decide if a girl will go home with you or not before you talk to them you talk to her and let her make that call.  You can't surprise yourself if you constantly shoot low.

If you end up bringing her home, shooting low is just good etiquette.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Vega said:

What's Doug doing these days? Harlan is just clueless when it comes to basketball hiring imo. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Gregory is half the coach Heath was. I'm gonna wait and see what his assistants look like but Bartow would have been a better hire since Gregory is the best a sorry AD like Harlan can do. 

Vega, 

Are you okay? That almost sounds like Stan Heath praise.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213

Boy oh boy...time to go buy 6 season tickets....said no one ever.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Vega said:

What's Doug doing these days? Harlan is just clueless when it comes to basketball hiring imo. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Gregory is half the coach Heath was. I'm go nna wait and see what his assistants look like but Bartow would have been a better hire since Gregory is the best a sorry AD like Harlan can do. 

Hey Doug, hope you're enjoying retirement. It'd be appreciated if you trolled the UCF board instead of TBP.

Thanks

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213

1 hour ago, UofMemphis said:

I'm being serious...17 wins at USF next season would put him in serious contention for AAC COY.

17 wins and we will rename Fowler Ave after him

• Upvote 3