• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our NEW Basketball HC is....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

2 minutes ago, Vega said:

What's Doug doing these days? Harlan is just clueless when it comes to basketball hiring imo. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Gregory is half the coach Heath was. I'm gonna wait and see what his assistants look like but Bartow would have been a better hire since Gregory is the best a sorry AD like Harlan can do. 

Vega, I didn't think Heath was all that hot of a coach. I think he was carried a bit by Hispher. I'd love to see what we can do with a full squad, and I hope that Gregory can stock us up. We need a squad full of players that play with a chip on their shoulder. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I don't like this hire at all.  Gregory would've been there a month from now so I have no idea why there was such a rush to make such a uninspired hire? Why not wait a few weeks for some teams to get knocked out of the tournaments and make some calls and at least see if you can get some better candidates on campus?  The only way this hire makes sense is 

-Harlan has tried to make some back channel contact to other candidates and nobody is interested (totally possible with the dumpster fire this program has become)

-The athletics department is in deeper trouble financially than we know and they need that $500k supplement from GT to foot the bill 

Both of these are totally realistic but I think you at least have to test the market a bit because Gregory isn't exactly a hot name right now....

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Joey Knight @TBTimes_Bulls

In addition to the reported Gregory hire, @USFMBB expected to retain Murry Bartow in some capacity. Has a year remaining on contract.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

I'm not either.  I don't care about the wins/losses.  I think a guy getting ACC Coach of the Year, considering the other programs in the conference, in his first year in the toughest MBB conference in the country, is a pretty big deal.  GT was picked to finish last in conference and they exceeded expectations thoroughly.  

I don't know how you can be labeled as "taking a step back" when you exceed expectations.

USF will certainly have low expectations like GTech...here's to 17 wins and AAC COY!

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

Joey Knight @TBTimes_Bulls

In addition to the reported Gregory hire, @USFMBB expected to retain Murry Bartow in some capacity. Has a year remaining on contract.

smart move.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

2 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

USF will certainly have low expectations like GTech...here's to 17 wins and AAC COY!

Compared to one conference win this season? I'll take that. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Compared to one conference win this season? I'll take that. 

I'm being serious...17 wins at USF next season would put him in serious contention for AAC COY.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

I'm over at the Mouse and just skimmed this thread. So we hired Josh Pastner ...?

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I'm over at the Mouse and just skimmed this thread. So we hired Josh Pastner ...?

no, you hired the guy who got Pastner ACC COY....it's really not a bad hire...esp if Bartow stays on as an Asst.

Edited by UofMemphis