• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joel Miller's Father Speaks Out on CJL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, BullMSEE said:

Fennelly - "I reached out to Leavitt. He didn't reach back."

Yeah, Fennelly, keep telling yourself it was because he was getting ready for the CC game. Sure...THAT's why he didn't call you back.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

I can't wrap my head around him coming unglued and unleashing some physical rage against a kid he knew was going through personal loss.

Wait.  This is a coach that would come out of the locker room with blood on his forehead from head butting guys wearing helmets.  This was a guy that would grab players by the collar and lift them up to yell in their face on the sideline with the cameras on him.

And you seriously don't think he could grab a by the collar in the locker room and slap some sense into them?  

Seriously?

Joel Miller said he was being "choked" by Leavitt.  I don't believe that, but I do believe that Leavitt grabbed him by the collar and lifted him up, which could cause a temporary choking sensation.  Again, Leavitt did that on the sidelines multiple times so of course I believe he would do that in the locker room.  Do I believe Leavitt was capable of "slapping"?  Of course, for the same reasons.  I don't believe Leavitt would do it with any intent to injure, but more of a get someone's attention.

The problem was that he tried to hide it and intimidate players into telling the story favorably.  If he explained what happened and apologized, it would have been a one or two day story that disappeared and was forgotten.  But that's not the Jim Leavitt way, and it cost him big time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,634
  • Days Won:  3

48 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Wait.  This is a coach that would come out of the locker room with blood on his forehead from head butting guys wearing helmets.  This was a guy that would grab players by the collar and lift them up to yell in their face on the sideline with the cameras on him.

And you seriously don't think he could grab a by the collar in the locker room and slap some sense into them?  

Seriously?

Joel Miller said he was being "choked" by Leavitt.  I don't believe that, but I do believe that Leavitt grabbed him by the collar and lifted him up, which could cause a temporary choking sensation.  Again, Leavitt did that on the sidelines multiple times so of course I believe he would do that in the locker room.  Do I believe Leavitt was capable of "slapping"?  Of course, for the same reasons.  I don't believe Leavitt would do it with any intent to injure, but more of a get someone's attention.

The problem was that he tried to hide it and intimidate players into telling the story favorably.  If he explained what happened and apologized, it would have been a one or two day story that disappeared and was forgotten.  But that's not the Jim Leavitt way, and it cost him big time.

I always try to read all the replies to avoid saying the same thing as another poster, and lo and behold I find it on the last one here.

I'm Boomer and I approve of this post.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

This is dumb. Why does his termination from USF 7 years ago, for allegedly striking a player, disqualify him for head coach but not coordinator?  Is it okay behavior for coordinators but not head coaches? If he is not disqualified for coordinator by the USF report then he shouldn't be disqualified for any position. It should be disqualified him as a candidate for all college coaching positions or none. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Seriously?

I stand by my opinion. Yelling at someone in the heat of the moment on the field, or headbutting players to get them fired up is not the same as assaulting someone at halftime, after the majority of the team is already back on the field. Sorry, I just don't see it. I have been wrong in my life, once I think it was, so, it is possible that I am missing the boat here, but, I just don't believe that he attacked or assaulted Miller. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

20 minutes ago, Gismo said:

This is dumb. Why does his termination from USF 7 years ago, for allegedly striking a player, disqualify him for head coach but not coordinator? 

Great point. Coordinators are a lot more, and I apologize in advance for this, hands on than a HC ...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

50 minutes ago, Boomer said:

tried to hide it and intimidate players

How did he do that?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

We can probably all agree on two facts . . .

1) CJL has not coached at USF in 7 seasons, as such

2) Fennally's story has little relevance for the Tampa Bay Market

I am pretty sure that the Journal-Constitution does not write stories on George O'Leary, reminding the Atlanta area and Georgia Tech faithful, that he lied on his resume and got fired from Notre Dame.  Not sure why the times continues to drag the CJL story up every few years

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I won't rehash all the points, but my thoughts:

1.  Leavitt should & likely be a head coach again.  Not sure if P5 or G5.

2.  I don't think Leavitt should coach at FAU, in large part because I don't want us competing with CLJ in recruiting.  He did an excellent job recruiting to a new program, and put a lot of players in the NFL...far more than Taggart & Holtz (though admittedly, he had longer time).  Still, one year Leavitt had 4-5 players drafted, if I recall.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Miller's helicopter Dad needs to get lost!

Hit my kid and I'll beat your ass and think ill of you for the rest of my life

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4