• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joel Miller's Father Speaks Out on CJL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

Great point. Coordinators are a lot more, and I apologize in advance for this, hands on than a HC ...

good question

being a head coach he would be the face of the program under much more scrutiny

as a dc at colorado he is out of the spotlight for the most part

if he hit a kid the same liability would attach to the school regardless if he was a position coach/dc or head coach

leavitt is a giant risk

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Bullinchinashop said:

I would like to Leavitt smack smazza.    We could have been in much better shape to be in a Power 5 conference if Leavitt was not fired, plus not sure Central Florida beats USF with Leavitt here 

last time someone raised a hand too me was in 7th grade and  i knocked  the kids front teeth out.Never had a problem again

leavitt won nothing at usf abnd leavitt stopped playing the orlando school

leavitt would never  hot someone that could hit back.he is  a classic bully

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

i see another big game the leavitt defense didnt show up

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Mizzou said:

The defense showed up, but they're not on the field when the offense can't manage to stay on the field and perhaps score giving the defense a little rest. The Huskies controlled the ball on offense almost 40 of the 60 minutes of the game.  It also doesn't help the defense when the offense turns the ball over to the opposing team with interceptions and pick sixes.

Here's something that might help you understand football...

http://www.dummies.com/sports/football/football-for-dummies-usa-edition-cheat-sheet/

The only thought that crossed my mind watching their defense last night was USF v Rutgers.  Couldn't contain the run game. Overall the defense played pretty well but they were gashed on too many run plays.  I don't watch Pac 12 so have no idea how good Washington's run game is.  But they definitely moved it on the ground last night.  Was hoping CJL's D played well but also hoping Washington won just to mess with the possibility of the Big10 having 3 teams in the playoff.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

The only thought that crossed my mind watching their defense last night was USF v Rutgers.  Couldn't contain the run game. Overall the defense played pretty well but they were gashed on too many run plays.  I don't watch Pac 12 so have no idea how good Washington's run game is.  But they definitely moved it on the ground last night.  Was hoping CJL's D played well but also hoping Washington won just to mess with the possibility of the Big10 having 3 teams in the playoff.

I already like Washington for some reason, but pushing another B10 team out elevates them even further. Hope they clean up, they played well vs Colorado.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

41 minutes ago, Mizzou said:

You're not going to win too many games when your QBs are a combined 8/25 for 86 yards with 3 INTs, your 3rd Down conversions are 4/15 with 82 yards of rushing.

You really are defensive.  Said I was hoping the D played well.  I don't dislike CJL. Was just starting to get to know him and Jodi better before the firing.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

45 minutes ago, Mizzou said:

You're not going to win too many games when your QBs are a combined 8/25 for 86 yards with 3 INTs, your 3rd Down conversions are 4/15 with 82 yards of rushing.

You mean the QB he recruited? Yeah he played bad...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  156

Lost in this thread is has CJL had any subsequent incidents. That would make this matter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

2 hours ago, Mizzou said:

How many purses have you snatched from little old ladies?

Now, THAT's funny!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Same here.

It was like deja vu all over again. Tough defense but not tough enough to make up for such a weak offense. Saw this movie before - all too often.

At least with Willie's Bulls, we always believe we can outscore them, even if we can't stop them.