• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joel Miller's Father Speaks Out on CJL

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

18 minutes ago, mgrothe8 said:

Do you happen to have a link of statements? I'd love to be able to read those again. Or have they been deleted?

I have the full report on who said what if you want it - it's public information

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Just now, Brad said:

Absolutely and that was the intent.  How could he agree to something that he doesn't believe happened?

There are ways around it, if the parties are willing to work on it together.

This is nothing different than situations I've been privy to at various places I've worked.  There are laws that come into play, attorneys, and human resources.  The bottom line is if you work through the situation and work with those you need to work with, the party in the right normally comes out right.  When you sulk and fight and refuse to participate and refuse to acknowledge even the possibility that you may have done something that someone interpreted incorrectly, you are a goner.

Sure, maybe it's not fair.  But life isn't fair.  Just like a marriage, sometimes you need to meet in the middle if you want to keep the marriage in tact.  Or you can choose to be single and lonely over a minor point.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  8

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

Well you didn't speak out.  Outside of this incident you were the leader of the team.  On this, you were mum at that time.  It was suggested you weren't favorable about JL at the time.

I wasn't favorable??? What was me speaking out going to accomplish? 'Let's listen to a kid that was 300 yards away from the situation', that to me doesn't add up. I did my part and answered questions off of what I was told by other players that spoke of the situation. Besides that, I had nothing else that I felt I could do at the time. We were told we were being questioned by high officials and lying underoath would result in punishment, kind of hard not to stay quiet when that is thrown at you at 22 years old. I was scared to death when questioned and I wasn't even Inc the room for it all. I love Jim, wish him nothing but the best and hope he gets a shot to be a HC after what he did this year. 

Edited by mgrothe8
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

Well you didn't speak out.  Outside of this incident you were the leader of the team.  On this, you were mum at that time.  It was suggested you weren't favorable about JL at the time.

I have to agree that I recall believing you to be in favor of Leavitt being let go, based on rumor and innuendo.

1 minute ago, mgrothe8 said:

I wasn't favorable??? What was me speaking out going to accomplish? 'Let's listen to a kid that was 300 yards away from the situation', that to me doesn't add up. I did my part and answered questions off of what I was told by other players that spoke of the situation. Besides that, I had nothing else that I felt I could do at the time. We were told we were being questioned by high officials and lying underoath would result in punishment, kind of hard not to stay quiet when that is thrown a thing you at 22 years old. I was scared to death when questioned and I wasn't even Inc the room for it all. I love Jim, wish him nothing but the best and hope he gets a shot to be a HC after what he did this year. 

That makes complete sense.  And I think we can all agree it doesn't look like there was much to do change the situation anyway.

Edited by Who'sYourData?

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

I have the full report on who said what if you want it - it's public information

A link would suffice. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

28 minutes ago, mgrothe8 said:

I just know which few to actually believe and which to not. 

That would be an interesting list...

Just now, Brad said:

That would be an interesting list...

Would be, and doesn't matter 7 years later. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

MG is being a hero right now.

He's ALWAYS been a hero to me. Thanks Matt, for putting everything you had into being a Bull

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mgrothe8 said:

A link would suffice. 

http://www.usf.edu/pdf/Enclosure-1-Leavitt-Review-Final.pdf

Someone posted which anonymous players were which later, as Brad referred to.