• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joel Miller's Father Speaks Out on CJL

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, mgrothe8 said:

Doubt he would answer or if the kid is even around anymore. 

http://www.defianceathletics.com/athletics/directory/4124/colby-erskin-/

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Well, the team name fits

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

We know...but he had lieutenants, too.

Meh, at the end of the day. He was in BM's ear over and over and over again. Not Joel, not any "lieutenants"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, mgrothe8 said:

Meh, at the end of the day. He was in BM's ear over and over and over again. Not Joel, not any "lieutenants"

He had some support...there were some that were disgruntled with Leavitt playing the younger guys, I have the IMs.

No player spoke then that Erskin was the ringleader, why now?

McMurphy published all the confidential names, anyone can know who said what to the hatchetman.  Why don't you share with us your feelings on the claims?  Again, I know you were not in the area when the issue allegedly happened, but were players told to stay quiet (except Joel)?

What's your take, now nearly 7 years later?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

28 minutes ago, mgrothe8 said:

It would take way to long to type everything out, hatred and lies and more hatred cost Jim his Job, Joel's story changed because of someone who wanted Jim fired and thought they were owed something, not because of  Joel. I guess multiple knee injuries was karma....

Certainly you know what prompted the story and the infighting far more than I.  But from an upper management perspective it's about A) who is in charge and B) optics.  Perception is reality.  As school president, Judy could not have a rogue coach that was defiant.  Whether he really did anything, or whether he was a rogue coach was really irrelevant.  

The way to remedy that was for Leavitt to work with school attorneys and management to resolve the situation and get rid of whatever players in an appropriate and legal manner.  As soon as he decided to fight management rather than work with management, he was done.  And if he really ordered a players personal items thrown away, there was no way to save his job no matter what the player did to him.  Life isn't fair sometimes.  When you are the boss, there are things you have to do and things you have to not do if you want to remain the boss.

Edit:  And thanks for sharing even tidbits.

Edited by Who'sYourData?

1 minute ago, Brad said:

He had some support...there were some that were disgruntled with Leavitt playing the younger guys, I have the IMs.

No player spoke then that Erskin was the ringleader, why now?

McMurphy published all the confidential names, anyone can know who said what to the hatchetman.  Why don't you share with us your feelings on the claims?  Again, I know you were not in the area when the issue allegedly happened, but were players told to stay quiet (except Joel)?

What's your take, now nearly 7 years later?

To my knowledge, no one told players to be "quiet" except for maybe other players that know it was all bs in the first place.  You're speaking of college football players who were supposed to be under oath during the investigation but going off of some statements, they wanted what was best for them and didn't decide to give full truths or thought that no way in hell Jim would get fired so just spoke misguided information. At the end of the day, he was let go but it's a **** shame to see certain people lie for no benefit and there's a reason me and many others will never speak to them again. 

• Upvote 4

All I know is that I was in the booth(because of my knee) at the time of the incident and have heard 9 million different scenarios of what "really" happened in the locker room, I just know which few to actually believe and which to not. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 minute ago, mgrothe8 said:

To my knowledge, no one told players to be "quiet" except for maybe other players that know it was all bs in the first place.  You're speaking of college football players who were supposed to be under oath during the investigation but going off of some statements, they wanted what was best for them and didn't decide to give full truths or thought that no way in hell Jim would get fired so just spoke misguided information. At the end of the day, he was let go but it's a **** shame to see certain people lie for no benefit and there's a reason me and many others will never speak to them again. 

So, if I may, would you answer a different question.  It was my belief at the time, and seems to be confirmed that this situation caused a divided locker room.

If Leavitt had stayed, how could the team have possibly succeeded?

I don't believe there was a divided locker room at all. It was 1 or 2 people who wouldn't let it go and the rest just wanted to win games. Now could Jim of done some things different to save his job? Probably, but it was blown up and blown up again when in fact the situation was almost completely resolved. 

Do you happen to have a link of statements? I'd love to be able to read those again. Or have they been deleted?

Edited by mgrothe8