• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joel Miller's Father Speaks Out on CJL

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

if the parties are willing to work on it together

Big starter there...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Just now, Brad said:

Big starter there...

True dat.

Thank you Matt and Brad for some good conversation and info.  

Just now, mgrothe8 said:

Would be, and doesn't matter 7 years later. 

Well, it does.  I'd be interested in funding a 60 Minutes type expose on that whole mess.  I was thinking of seeing if Greg Auman would be interested.  Or  a couple of the old TBO writers looking for some extra work.  It would go a long way to heal the wounds if simply the truth could rule.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  8

I do have a question that a lot of players had after it was all over. I heard names were leaked of who said what, we were all told that no one would ever find out who said what. Why was the fact that everyone's names were leaked never brought up and dealt with? Always had that question and kind of upset at myself that I didn't ask that question when it happened. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

http://www.usf.edu/pdf/Enclosure-1-Leavitt-Review-Final.pdf

Someone posted which anonymous players were which later, as Brad referred to.

I have two copies of this, downloaded a few minutes apart on 2010 Jan 8, one of which is supposed to be unlocked to be able to reveal the names, but I don't know how to do it, nor how to upload them here...

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Well, it does.  I'd be interested in funding a 60 Minutes type expose on that whole mess.  I was thinking of seeing if Greg Auman would be interested.  Or  a couple of the old TBO writers looking for some extra work.  It would go a long way to heal the wounds if simply the truth could rule.

I still think you would have a select few who would be extremely biased. But yes, I have talked to guys before and we always thought it would be a 30 for 30 one day. 

7 minutes ago, mgrothe8 said:

A link would suffice. 

Not sure there is, unless I create one here.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 minute ago, mgrothe8 said:

I do have a question that a lot of players had after it was all over. I heard names were leaked of who said what, we were all told that no one would ever find out who said what. Why was the fact that everyone's names were leaked never brought up and dealt with? Always had that question and kind of upset at myself that I didn't ask that question when it happened. 

This I cannot answer, though

10 minutes ago, mgrothe8 said:

We were told we were being questioned by high officials and lying underoath would result in punishment, kind of hard not to stay quiet when that is thrown at you at 22 years old. I was scared to death when questioned and I wasn't even Inc the room for it all.

Intimidation at its finest, even better than the made up line of Jim Leavitt saying he was "the most powerful man in the building".  Still stinks of a set up, wouldn't you agree?

And Matt, if you would have spoke up, it would have meant so much.  You had far more credibility to the program than Joel, Colby, or Brett.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 minutes ago, mgrothe8 said:

It was an accident.  As charisbb refers to, when the first copy was released the names were blacked out but the name itself was still there.  With PDF editing software all you had to do was change the formatting to remove the black foreground and the names became visible.  Or something like that, I don't remember the exact details.  They corrected it with a copy where the names were properly redacted, but it was too late since someone had already downloaded it.

I would guess someone got in trouble but it was handled internally.  Really an easy mistake to make at the time.  Releasing information electronically was oddly still rather new in the grand scheme of things.