• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joel Miller's Father Speaks Out on CJL

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

57 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Lost in this thread is has CJL had any subsequent incidents. That would make this matter.

He's not really been around an ethically/morally challenged reporter for starters....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

31 minutes ago, Brad said:

He's not really been around an ethically/morally challenged reporter for starters....

It's really becoming ridiculous. Is anyone really reading that article and finding it insightful or worthwhile? 

Some people cannot stand others succeeding. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, smazza said:

last time someone raised a hand too me was in 7th grade and  i knocked  the kids front teeth out.Never had a problem again

leavitt won nothing at usf abnd leavitt stopped playing the orlando school

leavitt would never  hot someone that could hit back.he is  a classic bully

Relax smazza, we are on the same team I was just having a little fun with you.  But I do think the overall football program would be in better shape if that incident never happened and Leavitt was still here. I cannot forget we lost bad to FAU at home 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, charsibb said:

Same here.

It was like deja vu all over again. Tough defense but not tough enough to make up for such a weak offense. Saw this movie before - all too often.

At least with Willie's Bulls, we always believe we can outscore them, even if we can't stop them.

Wha?

Washington is the 2nd most efficient offense according to ESPN. The Buffs had their all everything QB go down on like the 8th play of the game. They actually had a respectable offense all season, something like 35 in the country (again according to ESPN).

Not that the O matters in the CJL discussion, he doesn't control that half of the side right now.

For those of us hoping for anarchy things are really starting to settle in. Alabama is getting out of the gate slow but it looks like 3 of the seeds are locked.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, Brad said:

... reporters or players. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

JM is a scuzzbag, spent time partying around that fool early in my undergrad. some journalist hack had to work this angle, right?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

20 hours ago, Brad said:

Erskin was off the team.  He wasn't a player.  But bad move by Leavitt as it would surely contribute to the narrative.

It was told to me that he felt the tide of McMurphy/Woolard/and "star player" who'd rather not be mentioned conspiring against him and felt like the only way was to talk to those he could trust.  Maybe he was paranoid.  Football coaches aren't always the brightest when dealing with this stuff off the field.  McMurphy could screw with the investigation, without reproach,  just as the disgruntled star player could (and did) as he IM'd me on this board and of which I have the record.

The real problem is that if USF felt he was a danger as many here suggest, why didn't they or Miller/Cohen pursue aconviction or settlement to at least save others?  Isn't that what they're supposed to do?  Do right?  No, they didn't.

Before I move on for now, great excerpts worth reading again about the Lying Millers:

Interesting stuff, and it makes sense.  He is the head coach.  The buck stops there, that is why you get the big bucks, to keep bad things from happening and deal with them when they do.  It's about managing situations.  Whatever happened or didn't, he did a lousy job managing the aftermath.

I don't believe that USF felt he was a real danger to anyone.  I think it was as simple as there was a controversy, USF felt Leavitt did something wrong, and Leavitt didn't apologize.  I remember quotes from Judy saying specificially that.  Paranoia, lack of trust in upper management, ego, I don't know.  Had he just said, "I didn't that that very well and I'll work on that" it would have been all over.  The fact that he didn't do that meant he wasn't going to do what management wanted him to do.  And that will get you fired every day, from any job.

21 hours ago, Brad said:

Erskin was off the team.  He wasn't a player.  But bad move by Leavitt as it would surely contribute to the narrative.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  8

11 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:
21 hours ago, Brad said:

Erskin was definitely on the team, kind of comical reading a lot of these opinions that are so far off from anything relevant to the situation. 

Edited by mgrothe8

9 hours ago, Brad said:

Or maybe he learned a lesson.  And some of that time was in the NFL, doubt he'd grab an NFL linebacker like that more than once...

Edited by Who'sYourData?