• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joel Miller's Father Speaks Out on CJL

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

8 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

The way to remedy that was for Leavitt to work with school attorneys and management to resolve the situation and get rid of whatever players in an appropriate and legal manner.

DB, this is where I think you're into wishful thinking.   They put him out on an island.  They didn't want to collaborate and do what was best for the program because what they thought was best was for him to be gone.  Woolard hid behind Judy's dress while they let Gonzalez go to work.  I've seen it a number of  times.  When an entity wants you gone, this is the way. USF tried to establish "just cause", but knew they had a weak case , hence the nearly $3 million buyout.

We saw Leavitt really wasn't the boss...head coaches - when not achieving enough - seldom are.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, mgrothe8 said:

To my knowledge, no one told players to be "quiet" except for maybe other players that know it was all bs in the first place.  You're speaking of college football players who were supposed to be under oath during the investigation but going off of some statements, they wanted what was best for them and didn't decide to give full truths or thought that no way in hell Jim would get fired so just spoke misguided information. At the end of the day, he was let go but it's a **** shame to see certain people lie for no benefit and there's a reason me and many others will never speak to them again. 

I always thought you were manipulated or taken advantage of during this time.  Wouldn't you agree?

I'm happy to see you speak truth.  Players that were afraid to speak the truth publicly spoke it privately.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I am glad MG posted here to give his side. Much of this I have not heard before. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 minute ago, Brad said:

DB, this is where I think you're into wishful thinking.   They put him out on an island.  They didn't want to collaborate and do what was best for the program because what they thought was best was for him to be gone.  Woolard hid behind Judy's dress while they let Gonzalez go to work.  I've seen it a number of  times.  When an entity wants you gone, this is the way. USF tried to establish "just cause", but knew they had a weak case , hence the nearly $3 million buyout.

We saw Leavitt really wasn't the boss...head coaches - when not achieving enough - seldom are.

That may be the case.  If so, then this incident really didn't matter.  I keep going back to Judy's comments after the fact.  She met with Leavitt expecting him to apologize, and he didn't.  Maybe others were pulling the strings and she wasn't even aware.  That is certainly possible.  

I guess I could rephrase.  Without upper management and Leavitt agreeing on how to handle the situation and working together, he wasn't going to keep his job.  He did appear to dig in his heels and almost dare them to fire him.  Maybe they would have anyway, but he didn't help himself try to stay.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Brad said:

I always thought you were manipulated or taken advantage of during this time.  Wouldn't you agree?

I'm happy to see you speak truth.  Players that were afraid to speak the truth publicly spoke it privately.  

What do you mean by taken advantage of? I was hurt after game 3, I didn't really have any other chance but to heal up and miss the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am glad MG posted here to give his side. Much of this I have not heard before. 

MG is being a hero right now.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Concur

1 minute ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Without upper management and Leavitt agreeing on how to handle the situation and working together, he wasn't going to keep his job. 

Absolutely and that was the intent.  How could he agree to something that he doesn't believe happened?

2 minutes ago, mgrothe8 said:

What do you mean by taken advantage of? I was hurt after game 3, I didn't really have any other chance but to heal up and miss the rest of the season.

Well you didn't speak out.  Outside of this incident you were the leader of the team.  On this, you were mum at that time.  It was suggested you weren't favorable about JL at the time.