• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joel Miller's Father Speaks Out on CJL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Coincidentally, yesterday I was reading an article quoting UCONN WBB HC Geno Auriemma. Apparently Geno has been unhappy with his team not playing up to their usual standards and said they needed an ass kicking.

"... “You have to acquire [toughness]. How do you acquire it? Well a lot of times it either comes from inside and you just have it and it just needs to come or somebody needs needs to whack you in the back of my head, like my mother used to do, and then you find out if you have any.”

http://www.theuconnblog.com/2016/12/1/13803368/geno-auriemma-we-need-a-good-old-fashioned-ass-kicking

When I read that I immediately thought of CJL and the Joel Miller incident.

I don't think it was merely coincidence that last night UCONN playing #15 DePaul, came out on fire in the first quarter and outscored them 37-6!

Sometimes players just need a little extra motivation to get them to play up to their potential. I presume that was Leavitt's intention with Miller, but it back fired on him. IMO, he deserves another chance to be a HC somewhere.

Edited by Mama_Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Coincidentally, yesterday I was reading an article quoting UCONN WBB HC Geno Auriemma. Apparently Geno has not been all that happy with his team not playing up to their usual standards and said they needed an ass kicking.

"... “You have to acquire [toughness]. How do you acquire it? Well a lot of times it either comes from inside and you just have it and it just needs to come or somebody needs needs to whack you in the back of my head, like my mother used to do, and then you find out if you have any.”

http://www.theuconnblog.com/2016/12/1/13803368/geno-auriemma-we-need-a-good-old-fashioned-ass-kicking

When I read that I immediately thought of CJL and the Joel Miller incident.

I don't think it was merely coincidence that last night UCONN playing #15 Depaul, came out on fire in the first quarter and outscored them 37-6!

Sometimes players just need a little extra motivation to get them to play up to their potential. I presume that was Leavitt's intention with Miller, but it back fired on him. IMO, he deserves another chance to be a HC somewhere.

I am not sure I am buying the ends justify the means argument.  So its OK to slap the kids as long as the perform Mama?  Maybe he should have punched them to make the score 47-6?  Just asking what is the appropriate amount of beating required to win a game

I had football coaches that slapped us around in high school and I was ok with it but I really don't think it is acceptable now that I am an adult.

Edited by MMW

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Miller's helicopter Dad needs to get lost!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

No, his helmet was not on when the alleged slap occurred.  They were in the locker room at halftime, not sure why any player would have their helmet on.

I believe the slap occurred, but it was overblown.  The problem was obviously Leavitt's denial of the incident and his attempted cover up, along with retaliation against the kids speaking out "against" him.  If you are in a position of authority, you simply can't do that and keep your job.  It didn't help that many of the boosters were tired of his act even before the story became news.

However, I am curious, does anyone here NOT believe he was trying to influence the investigation?

When it became known Jim was trying to influence the investigation is when he lost my total support.  I vaguely remember being reported about him meeting or stalking someone in a car.  I will also confess that I was tired of going 8-5 every year and not winning the conference and late season swoons. So I was ready for a change but not the way it went down and believe had Jim not interferred he would have stayed.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

4 minutes ago, MMW said:

I had football coaches that slapped us around in high school and I was ok with it but I really don't think it is acceptable now that I am an adult.

I didn't say it was "acceptable."

I was just trying to explain the old mindset.

I don't think that CJL had any malicious intent.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

Thanks, Toad .... You incredible piece of ****. I wonder where he got daddy's number ....... **** you, too, BM.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112

6 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I didn't say it was "acceptable."

I was just trying to explain the old mindset.

I don't think that CJL had any malicious intent.

Thanks, it sounded like you were justifying it.  Yes, I am familiar with the old ways and I agree about CJL.

Edited by MMW

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

MAMA BULL YOU GOT IT RIGHT

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048

Oh my god, I can't believe the local guys are still beating this dead horse