• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oregon reaches out to Willie Taggart

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

If this makes you feel better about #BayMade, go crazy. But I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you don't actually think CWT runs a Twitter recruiting campaign based entirely on how import it is to stay home, tags BM on players on the official roster, and then goes into kids' homes and tells them he doesn't plan on sticking around. 

I'm hoping he doesn't say much, if anything, about himself. Should be about the kid and the school ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

They'll be the first ones to call him "low character" or "a traitor" and other ridiculous things when he eventually leaves.  Some of them have already started beating that drum with criticisms about his use of "Bay made Bay stayed" etc.  

Sounds like a callout to me.  Yes.  I think he should stay.  I have given him a lot of credit for recruiting and much more but I think we need to be more than a stepping stone.  If that's it, you can kiss more fans goodbye.  Hiring a new coach every 3-4 years is not sustainable - plus, we're hiring the wrong type then.  No, I won't call any names.  I'm interested in long term success at USF, not Willie's tax bracket.  

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Sounds like a callout to me.  Yes.  I think he should stay.  I have given him a lot of credit for recruiting and much more but I think we need to be more than a stepping stone.  If that's it, you can kiss more fans goodbye.  Hiring a new coach every 3-4 years is not sustainable - plus, iwe're hiring the wrong type then.

To do that you need money and, maybe almost as important, the ability to give a coach a realistic path to the highest pinnacle of his profession (if that's something they want). We have neither right now.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Oregon: USA Today’s Dan Wolken reports Oregon made a strong play for Matt Rhule on Monday night, but Rhule went with Baylor on Tuesday.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Sounds like a callout to me.  Yes.  I think he should stay.  I have given him a lot of credit for recruiting and much more but I think we need to be more than a stepping stone.  If that's it, you can kiss more fans goodbye.  Hiring a new coach every 3-4 years is not sustainable - plus, iwe're hiring the wrong type then.

As it stands right now we don't have a realistic consistent path to a national title and our resources are inferior to P5 teams due to our TV contract.  I'd love for us to be more than a stepping stone but the current reality doesn't point to it being that way...

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

I think it's good he is entertaining these other school.s Now that we are off the books for Skip Holtz, we need to bump his salary to 3 mil a year. I think if he gets at least 3-4 mil a year, then he will stay. I feel even in a G5 conference we can still make the playoffs. Houston had a chance and beat 2 top 5 teams and had they been undefeated would of been the 1st G5 school to crash the playoffs. Even after Flowers leaves we still have Kean and Oludukan who both have pretty good arms and can open up our passing game. I love flowers, but we are wasting a lot of good receiving talent while he is here. Taggarts new recruiting class has some studs and we have some studs from the last recruiting class. Once our defense catches up then we can really contend with the P5 schools. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  239
  • Days Won:  2

If Willie's gone I say keep the same offensive philosophy and hire TJ Weist 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

The optimist in me believes that he is allowing his name to remain in the rumor mill because it helps build the national perception of our program. The more his name and USF is bandied about, the better it is for us heading into next season. Here's hoping that CWT is being a tactical genius with this situation. 

• Upvote 3