• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oregon reaches out to Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Brad said:

Yes we do.  

How about that Ken Ericksen?

I love him, but his playing field is infinitely more level than CWT's, competitively speaking.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Just now, Brad said:

Yes we do.  

How about that Ken Ericksen?

I don't think Oregon will offer him $6mil/year to coach softball.  If they did, he would be gone in a nanosecond.  

A person with a family needs to consider their family as well, and that kind of money can do a lot of good for your personal family as well as other important causes if you want to donate later in life.  To be loyal to a school and give up the kind of life changing money just isn't an option for most people not already obscenely rich.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

The good news in the profession is that once you go to Oregon or Texas and get fired for $10-20 million you can always go back and coach at some G5 school and the money doesn't really matter.  

It's a good gig, with more pros than cons.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

You guys are lucky you're not in my athletic department. I'd fire all of you except Bull Dozer.  

This debate reminds me of USF alumni wondering why the Bulls Club seems to have a hard time hiring USF graduates to do the job - let it be passion over paycheck. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Just now, Who'sYourData? said:

I don't think Oregon will offer him $6mil/year to coach softball.  If they did, he would be gone in a nanosecond. 

Although, you're probably correct, I wouldn't be terribly stunned if he didn't. I think CKE is a special bird when it comes to USF ..... Jose may possibly be the same.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I love him, but his playing field is infinitely more level than CWT's, competitively speaking.

Youre kidding yourself. Do you know how hard Ken worked to stay competitive when everyone had a stadium but USF? Do you know that he stayed at USF for a long time with no contract at all, meaning if whoever the AD was at the time wanted to fire him, he could, no guarantees at all? If you think that school money and prestige doesn't impact the olympic sports, you're insane. The SEC is now the cream of the crop in softball where UF didn't even field a team until I think 97ish.

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

You guys are lucky you're not in my athletic department. I'd fire all of you except Bull Dozer.  

This debate reminds me of USF alumni wondering why the Bulls Club seems to have a hard time hiring USF graduates to do the job - let it be passion over paycheck. 

I'm hurt by this, but I guess if you don't value objectivity, you really would have no use for me. :)

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

If Taggart is Oregon's first choice, then what's the holdup? I think more is at play here then we may think. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Orlando Bull said:

Youre kidding yourself. Do you know how hard Ken worked to stay competitive when everyone had a stadium but USF? Do you know that he stayed at USF for a long time with no contract at all, meaning if whoever the AD was at the time wanted to fire him, he could, no guarantees at all? If you think that school money and prestige doesn't impact the olympic sports, you're insane. The SEC is now the cream of the crop in softball where UF didn't even field a team until I think 97ish.

I'm talking about his path to a championship.  

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

I'm hurt by this, but I guess if you don't value objectivity, you really would have no use for me. :)

You know, since you're on the chopping block you'll have to rethink your donations to websites!