• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Injuries

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

9 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

His numbers say otherwise. He has willed this team to victory plenty of times. Some of y'all Crack me up with how quick y'all are to heap coals on QF when we lose. 

He didn't get the punt blocked. He didn't let the other team score 30+ points. He led all of the under 2 min touchdown drives. 

He threw catchable balls with the exception of like 2 skip passes. He didn't throw any interceptions and he created plays with his legs... what more was he supposed to do?

Agree.  I think the biggest goof was CRUSHING Temple with the 3 back set...then going back to the basic formation.  I don't think anyone has Taggart WHY, which means our reporters are scared to ask tough questions OR they aren't terribly adept at recognizing the obvious.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, emrober5 said:

I'll second (or third) this.

We have one of, if not the best QB in our conference and all some people do on this board is ***** about him.

the numbers don't lie, 15 touchdowns PASSING, More rushing. Going to be a 1000 yard rusher, doesn't turn the ball over often, he will own every USF QB record when he leaves here.

that defense though. I really have nothing positive to say about their performance this year.

It reminds me of people knocking BJ and, believe it or not, screaming for Floyd. Madness. 

Take away QF and see how many wins we have. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

19 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

His numbers say otherwise. He has willed this team to victory plenty of times. Some of y'all Crack me up with how quick y'all are to heap coals on QF when we lose. 

He didn't get the punt blocked. He didn't let the other team score 30+ points. He led all of the under 2 min touchdown drives. 

He threw catchable balls with the exception of like 2 skip passes. He didn't throw any interceptions and he created plays with his legs... what more was he supposed to do?

I think you are twisting things a bit. No one said that Flowers wasn't one of the main reasons why we are winning all these games. All of the things can be true that your said and still not be the best QB of all time. But again, your main point seems to be that you base this on numbers. I don't think it's an apples to apples comparison in the AAC.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I think you are twisting things a bit. No one said that Flowers wasn't one of the main reasons why we are winning all these games. All of the things can be true that your said and still not be the best QB of all time. But again, your main point seems to be that you base this on numbers. I don't think it's an apples to apples comparison in the AAC.  

That was mostly in response to the usuals who started bashing him like he cost us the game. I feel like we play who we play though. Competition or lack there of didn't matter when Matt White was on the field. It didn't matter with Bobby or Bench. They couldn't put up the numbers. 

I remember hearing the Big East called the "Big Least" plenty of times because it paled in comparison to the other conferences. Now we talk as if those were the glory days and we were in the SEC or something...

Those teams had history and name recognition, but none of them were know for dominating on the football field when we played them. QFs will not get an asterisk next to his name saying he only holds the records because we played crappy teams. He's a baller, he would be just that on anyone's team.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

That was mostly in response to the usuals who started bashing him like he cost us the game. I feel like we play who we play though. Competition or lack there of didn't matter when Matt White was on the field. It didn't matter with Bobby or Bench. They couldn't put up the numbers. 

I remember hearing the Big East called the "Big Least" plenty of times because it paled in comparison to the other conferences. Now we talk as if those were the glory days and we were in the SEC or something...

Those teams had history and name recognition, but none of them were know for dominating on the football field when we played them. QFs will not get an asterisk next to his name saying he only holds the records because we played crappy teams. He's a baller, he would be just that on anyone's team.

I'd never argue with QF being a baller, he's outstanding and usually takes very good care of the ball. He may be a better decision-maker than BJ or MG. But as far as the league comparison goes, I don't think there is one. Our marquee teams in the AAC seem to be Houston, Temple, and Navy, with us being close now. But comparing those teams to a WVU or Louisville or even Pitt? Rutgers & SU may help your point, but AAC's lower-tier teams are lower, and in the BE we routinely had top 15 teams on the schedule. It was clearly a stronger conference IMO.

I did have to smile at your combination QB "Matt White". Your point is made with either one though.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I will be shocked if QF is not starting Friday night. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, RedBull13 said:

I'll say it again, 30 points is enough to beat temple. While not their best night at all, QF and the offense did their job and put up solid points.

The run defense could not have stopped an old lady on a walker trying to escape the nursing home. 

THAT is why we lost. 

Spot on. Their running back during the post game presser even talked about how the holes were wide open and anyone could have gotten through. That's embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, RedBull13 said:

I'll say it again, 30 points is enough to beat temple. While not their best night at all, QF and the offense did their job and put up solid points.

The run defense could not have stopped an old lady on a walker trying to escape the nursing home. 

THAT is why we lost. 

My 94 year old mother still has eligibility.  Think UCF needs a RB for next year?

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

QF is not the problem and, for those of you who blame the offensive on-field personnel, you're wrong to do so.

Edited by Dan C.
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1