• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rick and Tom Cancelled

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I agree as much as Tom could be annoying at times those two did talk USF football and have CWT on from time to time. Atleast it was local sports in morning.  Mike and Mike is terrible. 

Yea, but I have heard CWT on there ask once "Can I get a Go Bulls?" at the end of the interview and one of them said "no".

I am glad they're gone.

Long live Mike & Mike!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

4 minutes ago, PlantainChipsForMe said:

Yea, but I have heard CWT on there ask once "Can I get a Go Bulls?" at the end of the interview and one of them said "no".

****, that's that's a pretty prickish move.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, PlantainChipsForMe said:

I am glad they're gone.

Long live Mike & Mike!

Someone should've punched them right in the face. The station is a GATOR station anyway, it's unbelievable. I remember when CWT did his ESPN interview he said the same thing and the ESPN host even put up the horns . 

I really miss 98.7 The Fan, they had freatcprogramming from top to bottom. From Booger and Rich to the Commish. They even talked up USF and that's when they were bad. Really need a good local radio program, it's insane that they can't hold any ratings.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

****, that's that's a pretty prickish move.  

Tampa really does a terrible job at promoting USF. Between the newspapers and radio outlets. You would think a city would want to promote not just the pro sports but the major college sports like crazy. I just don't get it and it's unfortunate.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633

So what does that say about Tampa Bay's media market when we have three professional teams and can't even support one local morning drive sports talk station?

I used to be disappointed about not hearing enough about the Bulls in the morning, but at least I could hear about the other sports going on. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

11 minutes ago, Boomer said:

So what does that say about Tampa Bay's media market when we have three professional teams and can't even support one local morning drive sports talk station?

You bring up a good point.  They hate the Bulls, so they probably did this in advance of the Big 12 vote next week, hoping to scuttle our chances.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611

It's hard for regular radio to compete with options now. I used to listen in the morning but to be honest half the time was filled with commercials. Since I got a new car I've been listening to SiriusXM. Sure would be nice to have a Tampa channel. Or even an AAC channel. In fact I think I'll keep bugging them on twitter for it @SIRIUSXM.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Someone should've punched them right in the face. The station is a GATOR station anyway, it's unbelievable. I remember when CWT did his ESPN interview he said the same thing and the ESPN host even put up the horns . 

Even Bianchi gave CWT an emphatic "Go Bulls" during a radio interview.

I'm not saying you have to do it if you don't want to, just be polite about it. Make a joke, laugh, wish him good luck, etc. plenty of polite ways to get around it.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

2 hours ago, bulls phanatic said:

Tampa really does a terrible job at promoting USF. Between the newspapers and radio outlets. You would think a city would want to promote not just the pro sports but the major college sports like crazy. I just don't get it and it's unfortunate.

I do. The people in charge of all those media outlets graduated from schools that are not USF. You compound the fact that they have no connection with the local university with a generally apathetic fan base of said local university, and these are the results. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Bob Lassiter used to call that station W DOA

• Upvote 3