• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rick and Tom Cancelled

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Are insinuating Art Bell's gone because of money? He and his family feared for their lives....!!  :rolleyes:

Nah...some nutjob(s) tried to take him out. Which is odd...what sort of motivation is there for that? Could it be that the X-files really was a documentary?  I loved listening to him in the wee small hours of the a.m. :popcorn:

Point being, red-e-oh - not unlike Tee Veeeeee - is a ratings slave. There's something odd about Tampa sports radio. You'd think there would be more interest in USF - given the volume of alumni who reside within earshot. But, as we have seen with ticket sales, I s'pose those same alumni are beholden to the Big Three as well.  It could well be that this demographic is currently maxing out on the amount of 'sports talk radio' it can handle. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

I listened to those guys as much as I could.  I actually preferred Bob's show on 620.  Even listened to the tapes they all used to complain about if I had missed a show during the week . What about Uncle Neil Rogers? Uncle **** Norman (970 AM)? I even listened to Rick and Suds sometimes.

Rick and Suds were awesome.They owned the 954/561/305 marketplace as well, then went POOF.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Ionbull said:

I really miss 98.7 The Fan, they had freatcprogramming from top to bottom. From Booger and Rich to the Commish. They even talked up USF and that's when they were bad. Really need a good local radio program, it's insane that they can't hold any ratings.

While I miss them too, if you miss Booger for his college football talk your memory has failed you. Granted the team was hot garbage, but any time USF talk was to be had, every five words he mentioned the SEC, LSU, or the SEC.  When he wasn't straight trash talking the program or bending over for the SEC, he was berating Rich for his love of Scores Gentleman's Club. 

I would hope that they'd have a lot more or a lot better things to say about USF now that the team has turned itself around, but I think Booger would still find his ways to bring the conversation back to they just aren't as good or can't compete with the SEC or UF and other SEC talent 

Edit: I really miss Draft Day tuesday. I listened to that every Tuesday morning while working. Absolutely hilarious stuff. And the morning show always had something to say about USF even if it wasn't all that great. They still put out news and information. 

Edited by Breedwell
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

4 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Phil Hendrie... man I wish 970 still had him at night, best show ever. 

Chris Thomas was also pretty awesome also, best personality 620 has had by far.

Phil Hendrie was awesome. Epic trolling.

Oh you can catch him in movies sometimes...

Edited by Rocky Style

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Dan Sileo is who we needed. People wound listen to all the foolish things he would say. 

Having moved away from the Tampa Bay area a couple of years ago I have limited recent experience on the current lineup of sports hosts. But I know that Dan Sileo was the host I hated more than any other. Even Duemig.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

What about WUSF?

Why don't the Beef Studs or some other student group take over the station for a couple hours a day and talk sports?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

48 minutes ago, charsibb said:

What about WUSF?

Why don't the Beef Studs or some other student group take over the station for a couple hours a day and talk sports?

This is a great idea. I'm shocked it isn't already happening.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Just now, TallyBull said:

This is a great idea. I'm shocked it isn't already happening.

They should broadcast and stream the radio feed there too

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Shoot maybe some guys from here should do a radio show for minimum wage. I'm sure some would do it as a side gig just to talk USF on the air. 

Edited by bulls phanatic

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, bulls phanatic said:

Shoot maybe some guys from here should do a radio show for minimum wage. I'm sure some would do it as a side gig just to talk USF on the air. 

**** I'd do it for free. TBP Vodcast!