• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT mentioned for LSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

11 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Because it is a greater challenge.

For a competitive person, there is no better reason.

Maybe he's happy at FSU and wants to be there the rest of his career.  Or maybe he wants to prove to himself and everyone else that he can beat the best.  It really amazes me that you would assume a competitive guy like Jimbo would settle for the easy job.

Some people aren't afraid to work hard.  

road to a national championship is much easier at fsu and more fun

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Maybe he's happy at FSU and wants to be there the rest of his career.  Or maybe he wants to prove to himself and everyone else that he can beat the best.  It really amazes me that you would assume a competitive guy like Jimbo would settle for the easy job.

This ↑

10 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

You're the one calling FSU football head coach an easy job.

I agree Jimbo may be very happy where he is and the with the gig he has.  I've been actually implying this all along.  However, what you seem to have trouble acknowledging is that he's worked extremely hard to create the success he has had at FSU and it amazes me that you assume anything less than Jimbo leaving for LSU is "settling for the easy job."

But, assuming he would think that the challenge in the SEC would be more satisfying, why not? He's conquered the ACC, more or less. His teams have been dominate in the ACC, so if he thinks the competition in the SEC is a bigger challenge, why not?

BTW - I heard the other day that he's the highest paid public figure in Florida.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Things might change, but I don't know how anyone could argue that the path to the playoffs isn't easier in the ACC. He may be fine with that and who cares if it is, but Jimbo put in plenty of years in the SEC and he could very well decide he's more of an SEC guy and likes the challenge of a tougher conference. I don't know if I'd say it has anything to do with working hard, I'd be willing to bet Fisher works plenty hard right now, but the path to winning in the SEC is absolutely harder than it is in the ACC. Also, I don't know if I'd call the FSU job and easier one than LSU. It all depends on your goals and the school's goals. FSU could say they're fine with him winning 10 every year and the conference every other year. Is that easier than if LSU says they're fine with 9 wins every year and winning the SEC every third year? If we're going to try and call him out and say he lacks that competitive fire if he stays at FSU, we could just as easily say he's pussing out by not taking the head coach job at UL-Monroe and turning them into a powerhouse. That's a hell of a lot harder than winning at FSU or LSU.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, The Sheriff said:

Coach Taggart is a nice guy... but he's not even the best coach in his own conference (let alone a bonafide #3). LSU's first stop would be Tom Herman. Ken Niumatalolo is my nod for the second best coach in the AAC (but LSU would never bring him in). At that point, it's a tossup between Tuberville (retread that won't ever coach in the SEC), Willie Fritz (winner everywhere he's been) and Willie Taggart (great recruiter but still learning the X's and O's). Fritz would probably be #2 on the LSU's list after Herman (assuming they were desperate). Just my two cents...

That's not a bad short list. I just feel like after Herman and Fisher they start going mid-tier P5 coach. Maybe a Larry Fedora, Lane Kiffin ... but who knows. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610

I don't think this has anything to do with competitive fire and everything to do with salary ceiling. If the message board posters are correct then LSU can offer more money now and in the long run. People keep bringing up his family and life (not necessarily on this board) and to be fair none of us have any idea what that actually means in his situation. If he leaves, it's because LSU made him the highest paid coach in major CFB. He can develop QBs, and if you have a decent QB who buys in you can win anywhere. That being said I don't think he does, but if it comes down to asking for even more money in his current contract I don't think FSU will oblige again. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

12 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Then maybe we should go after Saban if CWT doesn't work out ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

This ↑

But, assuming he would think that th?e challenge in the SEC would be more satisfying, why not? He's conquered the ACC, more or less. His teams have been dominate in the ACC, so if he thinks the competition in the SEC is a bigger challenge, why not?

BTW - I heard the other day that he's the highest paid public figure in Florida.

If he does ... more power to him.  

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433

CWT's name is getting pushed heavily lately.

Probably WILL interview.

Don't be surprised if he's gone.

Would be a shame if we lost him...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

CWT's name is getting pushed heavily lately.

Probably WILL interview.

Don't be surprised if he's gone.

Would be a shame if we lost him...

Yeah... You can go ahead and slide me over to the "surprised" column if he gets the LSU job.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Yeah... You can go ahead and slide me over to the "surprised" column if he gets the LSU job.

I picture you leaning up against my cubicle with a cup of coffee saying that.

• Upvote 1