• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT mentioned for LSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

27 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Whispers in Orlando that LSU is going after Frost. 

His offense in the sec west? Hmmmm.... curious what would happen if Helfrich gets fired from Oregon though...

Edited by Ionbull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

News flash, Jimbo won a national title at FSU.  And LSU has far, far more resources than even FSU.  I'm thinking Jimbo probably feels he can win one also.  

Shoot, I'll even bet that Jimbo isn't scared of Saban like you seem to believe all coaches should be.

You are a master of obfuscation.  I'm aware of Jimbo's NC.  He's not a hot seat coach.  You know, like the ones we were talking about? 

What "resources" does LSU have that FSU doesn't?  I never said Jimbo was scared.  It's called business.  Why would you take similar $$$ to go to a place where you'll have to work harder to be successful than the place you already are?  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

37 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

You are a master of obfuscation.  I'm aware of Jimbo's NC.  He's not a hot seat coach.  You know, like the ones we were talking about? 

What "resources" does LSU have that FSU doesn't?  I never said Jimbo was scared.  It's called business.  Why would you take similar $$$ to go to a place where you'll have to work harder to be successful than the place you already are?  

Because it is a greater challenge.

For a competitive person, there is no better reason.

Maybe he's happy at FSU and wants to be there the rest of his career.  Or maybe he wants to prove to himself and everyone else that he can beat the best.  It really amazes me that you would assume a competitive guy like Jimbo would settle for the easy job.

Some people aren't afraid to work hard.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

48 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Because it is a greater challenge.

For a competitive person, there is no better reason.

Maybe he's happy at FSU and wants to be there the rest of his career.  Or maybe he wants to prove to himself and everyone else that he can beat the best.  It really amazes me that you would assume a competitive guy like Jimbo would settle for the easy job.

You're the one calling FSU football head coach an easy job.

I agree Jimbo may be very happy where he is and the with the gig he has.  I've been actually implying this all along.  However, what you seem to have trouble acknowledging is that he's worked extremely hard to create the success he has had at FSU and it amazes me that you assume anything less than Jimbo leaving for LSU is "settling for the easy job."

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

The only reason Jimbo would consider the switch is if LSU offers more money, and probably "highest paid coach in the nation" money. I still don't see it happening, he has built a machine in Tally and he's practically a king there. 

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611

14 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Are people so bored they need to bet on who will hire a head coach?

People bet on everything. I don't bet on anything. I just happened to see it in an article.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

9 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

I'm interested to hear what these are too. No way Jimbo leaves unless FSU willingly lets him go because they don't want to pay.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Coach Taggart is a nice guy... but he's not even the best coach in his own conference (let alone a bonafide #3). LSU's first stop would be Tom Herman. Ken Niumatalolo is my nod for the second best coach in the AAC (but LSU would never bring him in). At that point, it's a tossup between Tuberville (retread that won't ever coach in the SEC), Willie Fritz (winner everywhere he's been) and Willie Taggart (great recruiter but still learning the X's and O's). Fritz would probably be #2 on the LSU's list after Herman (assuming they were desperate). Just my two cents...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 9/26/2016 at 1:07 PM, MaltLiquorBull said:

That's silly.  Not saying that CWT wouldn't be considered for such a position in the future when he has built a better resume.  But as of today, that's silly.

not a chance