• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT mentioned for LSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

18 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Interesting to see the odds are better for CWT than the interim head coach.

Orgeron was on staff and has head coaching experience at a big program.  The logical choice to finish out the year as head coach.  Only way he stays on is if they don't choose another guy soon and he somehow shows something amazing, like a real offense.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

17 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

The second winningest coach in LSU history, best winning percentage in LSU history, a national championship and many millions of dollars richer.

And the satisfaction that he never backed down from a challenge.

I'm thinking he's feeling pretty good about himself.

I hope he does feel good about himself.  He should.

But again, that's doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

Coach directly against Saban, at a school that expects to compete year in and year out with Bama (I'm not talking about the Miss schools, TAMU or Arkansas) and you can count on a hot seat and eventually losing your job fairly quickly.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Absurd for him even to be mentioned. There would be riots on the streets if they hired Taggart. They expect to pick from the best in the country, and will pay handsomely for that opportunity.

10 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I hope he does feel good about himself.  He should.

But again, that's doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

Coach directly against Saban, at a school that expects to compete year in and year out with Bama (I'm not talking about the Miss schools, TAMU or Arkansas) and you can count on a hot seat and eventually losing your job fairly quickly.  

Yeah, because Les Miles only coached there 13 seasons.  Coaches never get fired more quickly than that...

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048

39 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

As a program, Florida State >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LSU in terms of pressure, expectations, fan support, etc.  

When you say >>>>>> what do you mean mean? Lower expectations? Not everyone would see that as a good thing. Do you also mean to say that there is more fan support for Florida State? Because I can tell you that is flat out not true.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Yeah, because Les Miles only coached there 13 seasons.  Coaches never get fired more quickly than that...

He won a national title.  Before Nick Saban was at Bama, mind you, but it bought him some time.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

When you say >>>>>> what do you mean mean? Lower expectations? Not everyone would see that as a good thing. Do you also mean to say that there is more fan support for Florida State? Because I can tell you that is flat out not true.

Different type of fan support.  Remember, LSU almost fired Miles last year.  And look how much time Bowden got after sucking (relatively speaking) for quite a few years before he was ousted. 

LSU has taken a turn for the worse fairly recently compared to FSU during the last decade or so of Bowden.  FSU put up with that for a lot longer than LSU did with Miles.  

As for expectations, FSU expects to be in the national title discussion every year and they are.  If Jimbo left to go to LSU, he'd be under the same exact expecations but it's a much tougher row to hoe.  His toughest competition year in and year out is Dabo Swinney.  At LSU, it's Nick Saban, his mentor.

Regardless of how you feel about it, it will be interesting the millions of reasons LSU would seduce him with to come there and leave behind what is an extremely good gig in Tallahassee.

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

He won a national title.  Before Nick Saban was at Bama, mind you, but it bought him some time.  

News flash, Jimbo won a national title at FSU.  And LSU has far, far more resources than even FSU.  I'm thinking Jimbo probably feels he can win one also.  

Shoot, I'll even bet that Jimbo isn't scared of Saban like you seem to believe all coaches should be.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778

3 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Orgeron was on staff and has head coaching experience at a big program.  The logical choice to finish out the year as head coach.  Only way he stays on is if they don't choose another guy soon and he somehow shows something amazing, like a real offense.

I don't know, Orgeron was interim at USC after Sarkisian was let go and did a very good job and was still looked over for their HC job.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Whispers in Orlando that LSU is going after Frost. 

• Upvote 1