• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fess up! Who thought we were going to lose when it was 17-0?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

We have too much experience, speed and talent to have lost this game. These are not a CSH or even a CJL team. I think they are trained for the long slog and know things won't be easy. This was a good game to step us up for the tough match we have next week and the after that 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I figured we'd score plenty, but I was worried we might have spotted them too many points.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

After 17-0 after the first, I thought "one more Cuse TD drive and our D will be exhausted and start to crumble".  But once USF scored, I knew we were back in it.  Once Cuse failed on the 4th down try near the 50, and we got the quick TD, I felt really good about our chances.

This.  I'll admit we had a 97% chance of losing once it got to 17-0, but this sequence was huge.  I knew we'd score on them, but at the time I wasn't sure if we could stop them.  I still can't believe we did with that soft ass defense we played.  Can't believed we covered either.  I had Syracuse and 15 points.  Extremely lucky today with the way it started.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I'm admittedly overly optimistic. So I wasn't worried and tried to spread my optimism. This team is special, they have a will to win mixed with their mental toughness, and talent. Those combined make this team dangerous, it may not be flashy, but oh lord is it effective. 

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

I did not think USF would lose.  I did not expect Cuse to jump out to a 17 point lead in the first quarter.  When that happened I figured it would take USF the entire game to come back not one quarter.  Spread/tempo offenses change the way football is played. I mentioned in the chat room 28-17 use to be the final score for  an entire game. Yesterday it was the half time score.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

My thought after it got to 0-17 was, this is going to be tough to come back from if we don't score soon.  We did, and all was good.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I admit is was my fault that we were down since I couldn't get watchespn to cooperate. By the time I was able to see what was going on we were down 17 to 0. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

Eh, with the way the Louisville put up points on them.. I knew the Bulls weren't out of it.  The 2 quick TD's in the 2nd quarter made me think USF has got this one in the bag.  Remember, the Cuse rallied in the 2nd quarter of the Louisville game before the Cardinals turned around and beat them down in the 2nd half.  

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Wasn't convinced either way

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  1

I was pretty pissed but I still knew we had a chance with our quick score offense. I was just concerned about going down another score before responding. Flowers has come out each game a little too amped up and starts sailing balls over receivers. We need a good start against fsu next week to have a good chance of pulling it out, so hopefully flowers can provide that. Maybe coach T will come out with more running plays and screen passes early to keep us ahead of the chains and get flowers in a rhythm.