• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offense looked out of sync

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Is this when people start pretending Kean gives us a better chance to win? 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I think most, including myself, are happy to have QF here. Yes, he led us to a 25 point victory on an off day, but it's just a fact that we won't be able to afford missing the 5 or 6 wide open receivers against FSU next week. He definitely brings alot to this offense. There was another thread that was something like "Difference between a good year and a great year". That  comes down to QF IMO. Either way, this is so much better than recent years. Love what Taggart has put together here.

I agree with this. Make the easy ones and we can have a great year. This is the most talent on offense that USF has ever had. Don't and we can have a good year. Either way it's alot better than a 6-10 loss to Uconn 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

It's not how fast you score. It's how well you score fast!

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

We made the needed adjustments and dominated. 

GO BULLS!

I agree with this! QF performance was half and half today. He had some bad throws and some amazing  ones. Good were those throws over the middle to the tight end, they were money. Bad were the dump passes and overthrows.

I mean watching FSU I believe we need a good game but saying we need to be perfect to beat this FSU team is us living in the past. 

Some of us are just as guilty as the AP with giving teams credit for name recognition and past accomplishments. 

Edited by TromBull12
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

I'm just checking on this.  The defense couldn't make plays on 3rd and long or 4th and short early and then eventually went on a 45-3 run on the road vs. a P5 opponent and yet still not in synch?  If so, let's get in synch soon and go undefeated.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Just now, Polkcountybull said:

I'm just checking on this.  The defense couldn't make plays on 3rd and long or 4th and short early and then eventually went on a 45-3 run on the road vs. a P5 opponent and yet still not in synch?  If so, let's get in synch soon and go undefeated.

You realize that P5 isn't like minor league baseball, right? Syracuse is a mediocre football team in the sun belt conference! Maybe, given all their injuries even less than mediocre.

We won - which is great. But 45-3 is exactly what a good team should do to Syracuse. You don't get credit for that! The challenge is that our defense struggled mightily to get off the field - even when late drive turnovers or other miscues ended up causing Syracuse to shut down. Offense got things rolling and pulled a very poor defensive performance from brink. Even there, at least 4-5 passes where the intended receiver was incomprehensible. The most hilarious of which was an 8 yard pass to Tice that was so far off target he actually assumed it must have been to someone else! 

Offense looked bad, defense looked much worse. On the bright side we won and got a lot of things to work on.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

I honestly think the team came into the game expecting to win. Got punched in the chin and after the first quarter Coach T got their heads into the game and we rolled. I hope this game shows the team that any team is capable of winning if we just come out and sleep walk through the game.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

23 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I'm a huge QF supporter but I was not impressed by what I saw from him today. His well known long throws were way off, and again he struggled with short throws. Next week these things need to be fixed. 

I really enjoy watching him play too - lots of creativity and a real game changer. I think your analysis is spot on - especially in regards to concerns. For next week the deep threat has to be real AND the short stuff has to be efficient. First two games the deep ball was there - today it seemed we had neither consistently.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I think our defense plays soft because we're scoring 40+ per game. Limit big plays and let the offense carry the team. It's weird because we all remember the great defenses of the CJL era, but, I think the d will be a bit better next week. My major disappointment today was poor tackling. That absolutely needs to get cleaned up. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Defense plays a little too soft for me.

• Upvote 2