• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offense looked out of sync

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Flowers is very good, but from what I have seen I still rank the QBs Grothe, Daniels, Flowers. I may actually say Flowers is tied with Daniels at this point but it is hard to say considering the different coaching staffs. Flowers may be number one for ball protection. All that said Flowers is probably one of the best out there for our current offense. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Grothe turned the ball over alot and it's one area that many overlook with Flowers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Winning for the first time in years under a QB that helped turn this habitual losing around... and breaking records while doing it.  USF fans "I don't like our QB and think we should play the backup."

I heard this when Matt Grothe was the starter, I heard it when BJ Daniels was the starter, and now again while Flowers was the starter.  Many are the same who wanted Bobby to start after the Miami game because he "Looked the part and threw a spiral"... well when BJ went down... so did the program.  

Flowers is on pace to break every QB record we have at USF.  He'll be the best QB we've ever had and will likely lead us to our best finish in school history... but all we see is everything bad.  He threw some bad throws... but we dropped some catchable passes.  VS should had caught that deep pass, Adams  dropped a pass, Bronson dropped two in the basket.  Tice didn't even raise his hands on the WR screen when they lined him into the slot.  So when you look at his stats... look at drops too.  There hasn't been  QB in the country that has thrown every pass perfectly.  This kid wins... **** the measurables... We have the most prolific offense and our most dynamic QB.  Despite of what people are saying... his numbers are trending better than Grothe's, Daniels, and  Backwell's.  He throws a better deep ball than all of them.  You're mostly the same people who wanted Bench, then Woulard... now Kean... it's retarded.  Only at USF...  Oh... He doesn't turn the ball over.  That wins games... How many fumbles and errant ints did we see from both Matt and BJ?  I guess people forgot about those.  Errant ints that lost games.  

I'll take Flowers all day everyday and we're actually lucky we got him.  The other school that wanted him as a QB was Nebraska.  So yeah... 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Grothe turned the ball over alot and it's one area that many overlook with Flowers.

This!  He doesn't blow games with stupid plays.

And this is why he wins.  As a starter he's 10-4... he's a gamer.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

20 minutes ago, Calibull said:

"I don't like our QB and think we should play the backup."

I heard this when Matt Grothe was the starter, I heard it when BJ Daniels was the starter, and now again while Flowers was the starter.  

You really heard this?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I'm sure everyone on here agrees that he's the best QB on the roster and a huge weapon. From the posts I've read, people just want him to brush up on completing the easy throws to open receivers. If he can ever do this, then watch out!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

29 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Winning for the first time in years under a QB that helped turn this habitual losing around... and breaking records while doing it.  USF fans "I don't like our QB and think we should play the backup."

I heard this when Matt Grothe was the starter, I heard it when BJ Daniels was the starter, and now again while Flowers was the starter.  Many are the same who wanted Bobby to start after the Miami game because he "Looked the part and threw a spiral"... well when BJ went down... so did the program.  

Flowers is on pace to break every QB record we have at USF.  He'll be the best QB we've ever had and will likely lead us to our best finish in school history... but all we see is everything bad.  He threw some bad throws... but we dropped some catchable passes.  VS should had caught that deep pass, Adams  dropped a pass, Bronson dropped two in the basket.  Tice didn't even raise his hands on the WR screen when they lined him into the slot.  So when you look at his stats... look at drops too.  There hasn't been  QB in the country that has thrown every pass perfectly.  This kid wins... **** the measurables... We have the most prolific offense and our most dynamic QB.  Despite of what people are saying... his numbers are trending better than Grothe's, Daniels, and  Backwell's.  He throws a better deep ball than all of them.  You're mostly the same people who wanted Bench, then Woulard... now Kean... it's retarded.  Only at USF...  Oh... He doesn't turn the ball over.  That wins games... How many fumbles and errant ints did we see from both Matt and BJ?  I guess people forgot about those.  Errant ints that lost games.  

I'll take Flowers all day everyday and we're actually lucky we got him.  The other school that wanted him as a QB was Nebraska.  So yeah... 

Where did anyone say, "I think we should play our backup"?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Brad said:

That's awfully suggestive and personal, sorry to set you off. 

Big difference in how we look at it.  Yes, able to run up big numbers.  No doubt QF is able to do that.

Perhaps unlike you, I've seen them all play, what they've done against the level of competition with the tools around them.  If you're just talking pure stats as the sole delimiter, than all this other conversation is useless.

My goal was not to attack you personally. I just finished reading a news article and that was the best analogy I could come up with at the time. I'm sorry it came off that way. 

I was here for both Grothe and Daniels. Those were my college years in the band. I was at Auburn when we upset them :) .

The record books don't say "This person was playing in a down year or up year" or "This was done in a year with little to no support." A conference/division Championship is just that. And I believe whatever qb that can take us there is the best. 

I personally don't care about completion percentage because the qb can't catch their own passes. I just believe a lot of people on the pen ignore the numbers and go with the feelings they get when they look back through a nostalgic lens.

Those same great teams that went on to greener pastures suck now. We can take Auburn, West Virginia, Notre Dame, Oregon, Florida, etc. Right now I believe. 

Watching those teams play, they aren't firing on all cylinders. Everyone has to play their schedule though. Those moments felt great admittedly but what did they prove? We can beat teams we aren't supposed to and fizzle when the games really matter? Did they prove that with enough heart we can beat people who sleep on our program but then play down to those who don't?

Admitting that we have a better program and potentially qb than we did in the past does not take away from their accomplishments. It just says that our program is growing and doing bigger and better things. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, Brad said:

You really heard this?

I mean Gregory and Eveld were leaps and bounds better than Grote and Daniels. Much like Bench got the raw deal against Flowers.