• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offense looked out of sync

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

People just blindly throwing stats out there are blind to the fact that this system is meant to hide a lot of weaknesses. Im willing to say 60% if not more of his over all numbers passing are from screens. Not to say he isn't dynamic in that system, but when judging a player overall, it must be taken into consideration. 

i believe you are correct.  a high percentage also is from heaving the ball downfield and having someone fly down the field to catch it

also stats do not tell you the level of competition. 

Edited by snarling Bull

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

So. We've established that there are many people just waiting to lose a game where QF misses a throw that would have changed the outcome. Good to know.

"Good enough at every position" - Who thought we had a great pass rush yesterday? And our tackling was great right?No worries that their RB ate us up and we're about to go up against Dalvin Cook. Give me a break. The offense is averaging like 40+ per game since Cuse last year.

You guys remember everyone wanting Grothe replaced? It happened, specifically after the Cincy game in 2007. I say it all the time, Grothe threw a game winning TD at the end that Mitchell didn't make a play on. Sure, he had a bad game, but, he gave us a chance to win. Every time QF is on the field, he gives us a chance to win. I don't care about stats. I care about how the team rallies around him, how he is willing to do whatever it takes, including using his legs and taking some hits. There is more to winning football games than just being able to stand there and hit all the throws.

Do I want him to do better... ABSOLUTELY. I believe he can be way better. Am I sitting back trying to set up my "I told you so" moment for later? Nope. 

I 100% agree that when he's on the field we have a better chance to win the game. He's a heck of a leader. I wasn't impressed with some of his passing yesterday, but if he can get that fixed we're about as dangerous as it gets. 

Can't complain when we come away with a 25 point road win with ZERO turnovers. 

Edited by OcalaBull2
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I 100% agree that when he's on the field we have a better chance to win the game. He's a heck of a leader. I wasn't impressed with some of his passing yesterday, but if he can get that fixed we're about as dangerous as it gets. 

Can't complain when we come away with a 25 point road win with ZERO turnovers. 

Agree totally.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

13 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

So. We've established that there are many people just waiting to lose a game where QF misses a throw that would have changed the outcome. Good to know.

"Good enough at every position" - Who thought we had a great pass rush yesterday? And our tackling was great right?No worries that their RB ate us up and we're about to go up against Dalvin Cook. Give me a break. The offense is averaging like 40+ per game since Cuse last year.

You guys remember everyone wanting Grothe replaced? It happened, specifically after the Cincy game in 2007. I say it all the time, Grothe threw a game winning TD at the end that Mitchell didn't make a play on. Sure, he had a bad game, but, he gave us a chance to win. Every time QF is on the field, he gives us a chance to win. I don't care about stats. I care about how the team rallies around him, how he is willing to do whatever it takes, including using his legs and taking some hits. There is more to winning football games than just being able to stand there and hit all the throws.

Do I want him to do better... ABSOLUTELY. I believe he can be way better. Am I sitting back trying to set up my "I told you so" moment for later? Nope. 

Spot on

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

8 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

Are you one of those people who deny climate change or believe "The Donald" is an honest man telling it like it is??? The facts speak for themselves. Whether you like it or not, the numbers say QF is on pace to be one of the best qbs in USF history. 

That's awfully suggestive and personal, sorry to set you off. 

Big difference in how we look at it.  Yes, able to run up big numbers.  No doubt QF is able to do that.

Perhaps unlike you, I've seen them all play, what they've done against the level of competition with the tools around them.  If you're just talking pure stats as the sole delimiter, than all this other conversation is useless.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

49 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

You guys remember everyone wanting Grothe replaced?

Yes, I wasn't one of them.   Grothe was very elusive, but he could also hit a receiver downfield.  Never wanted him replaced early.  

So, your point would be?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

That's awfully suggestive and personal, sorry to set you off. 

Big difference in how we look at it.  Yes, able to run up big numbers.  No doubt QF is able to do that.

Perhaps unlike you, I've seen them all play, what they've done against the level of competition with the tools around them.  If you're just talking pure stats as the sole delimiter, than all this other conversation is useless.

Interesting that those that quote stats never include completion percentage.  Funny how you can use stats to support your case if you pick and choose.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

“There are three types of lies -- lies, **** lies, and statistics.”

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Yes, I wasn't one of them.   Grothe was very elusive, but he could also hit a receiver downfield.  Never wanted him replaced early.  

So, your point would be?

Umm... My point would be the rest of my post. Even though QF misses some passes, he is still the best qb we have and gives us a chance to win every game... Like grothe did. 

I'm not talking about his stats, I'm talking about him being a winner.