• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offense looked out of sync

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

2 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

QF 12-24 passing. Outside of the 2nd qtr things seemed totally out of rhythm on offense. Was expecting us to torch the Cuse secondary, but that never really happened. Gave up 549 yads of offense to them, and still blew them out. This team is putting up alot of points, and I'm getting the feeling that the offense hasn't lived up to their potenting yet. Feeling pretty good about our chances vs. FSU. Great shot at running the table if we manage to get through next week.

Completely agree.  QF needs to dial in the short game or good teams will kill us.  We won the first 3 games mostly of physically superior athletes.  That's not sustainable.  But...there were flashes of very good play.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

The Bulls aren't perfect, but find ways to win and win big.  I'll take that any day over the dark years of Holtz new era.  These are young men obviously looking towards next Saturday, difficult not to considering most of the Bull's are Florida kids that want to prove their football worth against FSU.  They'll be focused next Saturday, should be a good one.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, mjadams said:

If Dungy was in the bulls, we run the table....

You can't be serious.  Seriously this has to be a joke.

Dungey threw 2 INT's and should have thrown 5 or 6 INT's (one over turned by penalty, couple others dropped by Bulls, particularly a potential pick 6 by Auggie Sanchez).

You can't be serious.  I assume you're joking. Bulls are averaging 50 points a game and QF has thrown ONE Int in 3 games.

Dungey from Syracuse threw about 20 one yard passes.  He made a couple good throws but should have had about 6 picks like I said.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, USF_Grouper said:

You realize that P5 isn't like minor league baseball, right? Syracuse is a mediocre football team in the sun belt conference! Maybe, given all their injuries even less than mediocre.

We won - which is great. But 45-3 is exactly what a good team should do to Syracuse. You don't get credit for that! The challenge is that our defense struggled mightily to get off the field - even when late drive turnovers or other miscues ended up causing Syracuse to shut down. Offense got things rolling and pulled a very poor defensive performance from brink. Even there, at least 4-5 passes where the intended receiver was incomprehensible. The most hilarious of which was an 8 yard pass to Tice that was so far off target he actually assumed it must have been to someone else! 

Offense looked bad, defense looked much worse. On the bright side we won and got a lot of things to work on.

I will go on record as saying Syracuse will win 3 ACC games.  Babers system will allow them to steal some games.  I bet they beat UConn next week.  They could be pretty good in time.  They don't have enough talent, but I like their offensive system. 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, USF_Grouper said:

You realize that P5 isn't like minor league baseball, right? Syracuse is a mediocre football team in the sun belt conference! Maybe, given all their injuries even less than mediocre.

We won - which is great. But 45-3 is exactly what a good team should do to Syracuse. You don't get credit for that! The challenge is that our defense struggled mightily to get off the field - even when late drive turnovers or other miscues ended up causing Syracuse to shut down. Offense got things rolling and pulled a very poor defensive performance from brink. Even there, at least 4-5 passes where the intended receiver was incomprehensible. The most hilarious of which was an 8 yard pass to Tice that was so far off target he actually assumed it must have been to someone else! 

Offense looked bad, defense looked much worse. On the bright side we won and got a lot of things to work on.

No, I have no concept of college football.  Thanks for the education.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Don't let Grouper get you down.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I honestly think the last two weeks the coaching staff has been purposely throwing more than necessary in an attempt to get QF going in the air.  It hasn't really worked, which is disconcerting.  Maybe he looks better in practice than he does in games.  

He's actually looked better this year than last.  Last year he would miss 10 of 12.   Now when he's bad he connects 50% of the time.  He throws a decent ball when he sets  his feet, but that isn't often enough.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I honestly think the last two weeks the coaching staff has been purposely throwing more than necessary in an attempt to get QF going in the air.

I definitely thought that HAD to be the case today, no other logical reason.

QF threw some really nice passes today.  The pass to the TE Dillon comes to mind.