• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MOSI makes it official... OCS Time???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

19 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

We will be dead!!!!

If not I'll be a really cranky 98 year old. Nobody wants to see that!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

36 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

If not I'll be a really cranky 98 year old. 

Please don't become the next Ned A Starr.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Yeah. I'm not too worried about losing my job anytime soon. Decent job of word smithing and number cherry-picking by the Economist though. It almost seems like this maybe kinda sorta could happen in 50 years.

It's not the only outlet writing on it but I've seen in more than one place the predicts that in 20 years 50% of universities and colleges will be bankrupt and online education being the answer.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Bummer. And I just read somewhere that many experts are predicting college football will only get more popular and profitable in the next 20 years. USF is going to be missing out when it gets replaced by Argosy.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe we should just create a virtual stadium for use with VR goggles for the game day experience without leaving home.  

Make it 190,000 seats. No traffic jams, no land needed.  Season tickets could be lower priced, and some of the rowdy people here could even get into virtual fights when they refuse to sit down.  Maybe even a few of us would get plastered during the virtual tailgate, or make a virtual ass of ourselves with virtual rude behavior, or even cheer like they never would in a more traditional setting.

Hey, some may even pick up a virtual Sun Doll to join them in celebrating after the team's big victory on the field.  Maybe USF will even win the conference and then the National championship.  

There is no need to physically attend a noisy, sweaty event with a bunch of rabid, yelling people in various states of inebriation.  Tomorrow's kids and their parents want ease and convenience, and safety is always of paramount concern.  

We can make it happen!

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, slick1ru2 said:

It's not the only outlet writing on it but I've seen in more than one place the predicts that in 20 years 50% of universities and colleges will be bankrupt and online education being the answer.

Wow, 20 years. We should immediately stop enjoying college football right now.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 5:30 PM, JimUSFSig said:

Did anyone read this in the Times story... emphasis added:

A move would still have to be approved by Hillsborough County commissioners. The county owns the land beneath and around MOSI and some county leaders have been eager to turn that parcel into a tax revenue producer.

The county has plans to transition the area around USF into an innovation district and those 80 acres around MOSI could serve as the site for a corporate headquarters.

Judging by the replies, I don't think anyone saw that. But why couldn't a corporate headquarters use some of that office complex down by Fletcher and 75?

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

On April 20, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Apis Bull said:

Yes, plenty.  Although, if it were me, I'd only put handicap parking on the site and have all other parking on campus.

Thanks.  Would be a great spot.  Create an overpass over Fowler for pedestrian traffic.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

3 hours ago, BullFan98 said:

Thanks.  Would be a great spot.  Create an overpass over Fowler for pedestrian traffic.

There's already a pedestrian bridge going from campus to MOSI

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Judging by the replies, I don't think anyone saw that. But why couldn't a corporate headquarters use some of that office complex down by Fletcher and 75?

Hidden River and Tampa Oaks office parks are pretty substantially built out.  Im not sure exactly whats left of developable land but uncleared lots lack the appeal of the MOSI site.  Its essentially on the campus of a major research University and has existing buildings and infrastructure that could appeal as a near move in ready property to quickly occupy.  Im not sure its that great an area for that type of thing much like it isnt really working for MOSI either. Municipalities want the tax revenue off that site as theyve put a lot into it over the years.

Edited by inTransit